Rant and a Meme

Sunday, August 17, 2014

With every government group from Republicans on Capitol Hill to Democrats in Travis County bringing legal action against another, with both sides at the public's cost of course, we're going to run out of money to fund actual government activities.

Just sayin'.

My other comment on the national news front is about the uncivilized act of looting (continuing last night at Ferguson, MO businesses). Riots I get. Throngs of people are angry and things get out of hand and next thing you know, hundreds of folks are beating the crap out of each other. But what in the Sam Hill gives anyone the right to run through stores and steal stuff? Seriously? What does one thing have to do with the other?

When things get rowdy or there's a natural disaster or any other dip in the normal security level of an area, some people see this as a fine opportunity to help themselves to whatever they want in an impromptu personal shopping spree. Oh- and be sure to break things and set fires, while you're at it, idiots. Destroy your own neighborhood. Good job.

W. T. F.

Okay, I'm done. :)

On a totally rad note, the Totally 80's Sing-Along at the Alamo Drafthouse was bitchin'! They gave us lighters and glow necklaces and we danced in the aisles and sang at the top of our lungs for two hours. With drinks! Superfun! They do a different playlist every weekend. Get there if you love 80s music.


Saturday 9: Mine Would Be You
If you're not familiar with today's song, you can hear it here.

1) The lyrics mention his respect for "90 proof and Marlboro Red." What was your most recent drink? When was your last cigarette?
I had a Shiner last night. My last cigarette was probably a clove cigarette I "sort of" smoked at the community theater my junior year of high school.

2) They also reference "singing like crazy fools." What's the last song you sang?
Whitney Houston "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" last night at the Drafthouse. Like a crazy fool.

3) Blake Shelton won a Grammy for his performance of this song. Crazy Sam won the award for "most improved bowler" when she was in third grade, and it's now in a closet somewhere. Do you have any trophies? If so, where are they?
I have ONE trophy- my Foundation award- which is on a wall shelf in my home office.

4) Blake is currently on tour. The merchandise sold at concerts brings in big money for the artist. Do you have any tour memorabilia (like a poster or t-shirt)?
I have a lot of things, from autographs to tickets to tour books (no t-shirts at the moment). On my office wall, I have a tour book signed by all the members of Daughtry.

5) In addition to The Voice, Shelton is on TV a lot with his Pizza Hut commercials. What chain restaurant is nearest your home? Do you eat there?

The nearest chain restaurant to our house is zpizza.  We eat there occasionally. It's pretty good. Their pear and Gorgonzola salad is awesome.

6) Shelton has a million-seller CD called Cheers! It's Christmas! What's the first Christmas carol to pop into your head this hot summer Saturday?
"Oh Holy Night." Best Christmas carol ever.

7) Shelton and Miranda Lambert were married in front of 550 guests. Do you enjoy weddings?
I LOVE weddings. Plus, it's one of the rare times I can get Jeff to dance.

8) The wedding took place on a big Texas ranch. Have you spent much time on a farm or a ranch?

Nope. My mom's mother's family in Wisconsin were dairy farmers until the current generations. I spent an afternoon at my great aunt's farm near Green Bay when I was a kid. That's about as close to farming as I've gotten.

9) In 2013 he helped organize a relief benefit concert for victims of the Oklahoma tornadoes. Tell us about a charity you support.
I support the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. They offer treatment, clinical trials, education for medical professions, patient programs... just an amazing place with so many great success stories!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP