Summertime and the Livin' is Easy

Monday, June 19, 2017

I got my hair chopped off for summer! It was about halfway down my back and now it's above my shoulders. It always takes a surprisingly long time to get used to the difference. You know how you keep flipping your hair, but there isn't any to flip? Weird!

It does reduce hair drying time by half. Styling time- half. It's GREAT.

Speaking of "Summertime," we saw the Billie Holiday musical Lady Day at Emerson's Bar and Grill at Zach Scott Theater  a few weeks back. The singing was really amazing, but I wasn't a big fan of the musical itself. It was slow, and really more like a concert. I think if you go into it thinking you're going to a nightclub singer's show, it's probably a better mindset than expecting showtunes on a big stage. I had no idea what it was and it was just a'ight for me.

Saw In the Heights at Zach last week. I've seen it once before, when the traveling Broadway show came to Austin a while back. The dancing and music are so much fun! Enjoyed it!

Saw Wonder Woman this weekend with the Jeffs. It was very entertaining. Loved Chris Pine's line about being above average. Ha! Agreed.

Now I'm just eagerly waiting for The Big Sick at the end of the month. *drumming fingers*



Y'all know I'm loving this:



*snort*

(Does anyone do the asterisk actions anymore? I miss them. *shrugs*)

Soon we're headed to College Station for my second weekend vacay there in two months. Well, it's a cool place! Jeff and I are going to a Messina Hof winery event, which will be fun. We're staying at one of the brand new hotels in town. There are three, of which two are open so far- The Stella Hotel and Cavalry Court. The George will open later this year. They definitely need the rooms!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP