Eerie Elevators

Saturday, November 2, 2013

I'm convinced the elevators at work are haunted.

The doors of one in the parking garage have the creepy habit every now and then of closing about halfway and then opening again, as if someone were stepping in. But no one is.

In the building, my company is on the second floor. The floors above us are taken up by another company and can only be accessed by key card on the elevators. Once, after I had pushed 2 in the building elevator, it skipped 2 and continued to 4. The 2 light went out as we passed. At floor 4, I was thinking I would finally see the top secret goings-on of our building mates. Mwahahaha!

But no.

The doors stayed closed and the elevator just sat there. I pushed 2 and it wouldn't light up. Just as I started to realize I may be STUCK, the button finally lit up and the elevator went to 2 and opened.

Good grief. Freaky!


Saturday 9: If It Makes You Happy

Sheryl Crow is a breast cancer survivor and October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Please spread the word about early detection.

1) What's something that always makes you happy?
music

2) In the lyrics, Sheryl refers to a poncho. How do you usually protect yourself from the rain? Poncho? Umbrella? Raincoat? Hat?
umbrella

3) Early in her career, Sheryl made ends meet by singing commercial jingles, including one for McDonald's. When was the last time you visited The Golden Arches?
I grabbed a coffee there on the way home from an Aggie game within the past couple of months.

4) Sheryl rode a horse into the ring of a Wyoming rodeo and then sang. Have you ever been to a rodeo?
Honey, I'm from Houston. I've been to a heap o' rodeos.

5) Sheryl lives outside of Nashville, which is known as Music City. What type of music do you listen to most often?
pop and alt-pop

6) Crazy Sam is a massive Sheryl Crow fan, and is sure that the only reason why she and Sheryl aren't best friends is that they haven't met. What famous person do you think could be your BFF?
Sandra Bullock

7) Sheryl and cyclist Lance Armstrong were once engaged. Had they tied the knot, she would have become stepmother to his three children. Are you a step-parent, stepsibling or stepchild?
Technically, I have 3 stepbrothers and a stepsister, but my dad remarried when I was an adult, and they all live on the east coast, so I don't have the typical step-relationship with them.

8) Sheryl has performed carols at the National Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony in Washington DC. Have you ever visited our nation's capital?
No, but I would love to!

9) Do you consider yourself easy going or do you have a fiery temperament?
Easy going. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP