Pets and Furniture

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Yesterday, we were shopping for a new sofa. We mentioned to the sales guy that we have two cats, so not only are we limited to colors that won't show black, white or orange fur, but we are limited to non-leather fabrics that won't show or be damaged too much by the occasional claw mark.  They don't scratch on furniture, but they do run around like mad every now and then, leaving claw marks here and there.

The sales guy laughed and told us about his yellow lab, who "ate a chair" when he was a teething puppy. They had an old upholstered chair in a spare room they just let the puppy chew on. When the teething process and chewing ended, they put the trashed chair in the back of a pickup and drove it to the nearest "Dempsey dumpster."

Stop here to note that I haven't heard anyone refer to a "Dempsey dumpster" since 1978. That made me laugh.

They asked the store owner if they could throw it away in their dumpster.

The store owner said, "Sure, but what IS it?"

Ahahaa!


Saturday 9: 1, 2, 3, 4

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) In this song, the singer tells his girl he appreciates how she makes him feel. Who is the most supportive person in your life?
CJ. That girl would support me masterminding a bank heist. She would say, "Have you thought this through? Okay, well... I always thought you'd be a fabulous bank heister! Call me when you're done, because I want to hear all about it!!"

2) Our singer only has to count to 4, which is a cinch. Do you understand the more sophisticated math sciences, like geometry and algebra?
Oh yes. Calculus. Diff EQ. Whatever. Bring it on.

3) This video features a couple who shared their first kiss behind the high school. Tell us about your first kiss.
My first real kiss was with my first boyfriend when I was 15 (he was 16). We had just come home from a date and he lingered on the porch with me for a few minutes, before kissing me goodnight. I was very cool and said goodnight and then he headed out. I went inside the house and as soon as the door closed, I started squealing, "Eeeeeeeee!" and practically ran to tell my mom he had kissed me. (Lauren finds this story hilarious.)

4) Filmed in Chicago, this video features the Art Institute of Chicago, home to works by Monet, Gauguin and Van Gogh. How do you express your creativity? (Draw, paint, write, sing or play music ... )
When I have time, I write song lyrics. I've written several parodies of popular songs as well. The past few years, I've created Photoshop birthday messages and images, from several "custom Google pages" to a Real Housewives of Austin photo with our heads on the NYC Housewives' bodies.

5) Chicago is home to two of the world's tallest buildings -- the Willis aka Sears Tower and The John Hancock Center (which appears briefly in this video). Both have observation decks that offer panoramic views of the city. Are you afraid of heights? 
Sort of. I would more specify my fear is of looking down from a height, when there is a possibility, no matter how remote (like the CN Tower glass floor), that I could fall over, through or down. I do love a great view from an airplane or the top of a building.

6) The Plain White T's got their start in Lombard, a suburb of Chicago and home to Yorktown Center -- a huge, two story shopping mall. Do you enjoy going to the mall, or would you rather shop online, or in small, independent stores?
I like all three!

7) Naturally Yorktown Center has a food court. Would you prefer a pretzel from Auntie Anne's, a cinnamon roll from Cinnabon or a cookie from Mrs. Field's? 
pretzel from Auntie Anne's

8) While we're at the mall … Imagine you're at the customer service counter of a big department store. As you wait for help, you see an older lady pocket a Timex watch. Would you turn her in or look the other way?
I would TOTALLY turn her in. I would probably make a scene, actually.

9) Which puzzle would you have more success with: crossword or sudoku?
Sudoku

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP