It's Friday I'm in Love

Friday, April 2, 2010

Ta-da! ^^ I know you were waiting for it.

I saw my plastic surgeon yesterday!  He did my reconstruction after the mastectomy when I was 25. He asked how I was, what I was up to. I told him I have a teenage daughter. He smiled and said, "Of course you wouldn't let a little thing like breast cancer stand in the way of your having a baby." Uh, heck no! He is awesome. He looked pretty good, too. He's probably had some work done.

Scotty's movie recommendation of the week... Mujeres al Borde de un Ataque de Nervios (Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown). "You'll never look at laundry detergent and gazpacho the same." Hmm. "...A very young Antonio Banderas is in it." OH. Well let's get this thing on the Netflix list! I saw the trailer. Antonio has a very cute 80's Johnny Depp haircut.

I am very psyched to report that my knee did not pop a single time during my workout yesterday! Perhaps today will be my final doc visit on this thing. *crosses fingers* I like the people at the office, but between seeing them for Lauren's groin pull and now for this, I'm sorta sick of being there. I will miss the jarring moments in the quiet when the mellow new age CD playing in the background is suddenly disrupted with Spanish opera. Evidently the sports med doc is a fan and stuck it in the playlist. It'll definitely wake you up.


Song Lyrics of the Day

...Only love can leave such a mark
But only love, only love can heal such a scar...


U2, "Magnificent"

8 comments:

Anonymous,  April 2, 2010 at 6:21 AM  

You'll always be Freek to me and I just wanted to wish you a very happy birthday! I hope it's a great day!

Kathy April 2, 2010 at 6:32 AM  

EVA! Thanks so much! Huge hugs to you.

Anonymous,  April 2, 2010 at 9:24 AM  

Right back atcha, honey!

I miss "seeing" you around. Any chance you're coming back to LJ? ahahaha!

Kathy April 2, 2010 at 10:12 AM  

LOL. I'll come back to LJ if you join Facebook. :p

Are you and the hubby still taking lots of cool trips?

Anonymous,  April 2, 2010 at 10:47 AM  

Facebook? Ha! No way! :-p

No cool trips right now, no. We moved house almost 2 years ago and are busy renovating and extending so cool trips have to wait. Our last trip to Italy was in 2008 so. Can't have everything, I guess ahahaha!

Kathy April 2, 2010 at 11:16 AM  

Oooh! I love renovating. That's enough fun to skip the big trips for a while. Do you have pics up anywhere? I'd love to see!

Anonymous,  April 2, 2010 at 1:51 PM  

No, I don't, because we've been having problems. This has been going for almost a year. Our contractor was a douche who did everything wrong and left in the middle of the job. So we've been trying to set things straight. I don't even have a fully functioning kitchen. ahahaha.

I'll probably post before/after pictures in a few months in my LJ ;-)

Kathy April 2, 2010 at 2:34 PM  

Bummer about the contractor. How people can walk away like that without any guilt whatsoever is crazy to me. Sorry to hear it!

I shall be checking your LJ!

*mwah!*

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP