Spin That Record Babe

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Well, we finally have tickets for Lady Gaga... in Dallas, July 23. Not our original plan, but it works, considering her shows sold out in no time last week in Houston and Dallas.

Originally the kids wanted to road trip it to Houston on their own, but the parents said that wouldn't be safe (plus we wanna go! lol). So three parents and three kiddos needed tickets. I was responsible for parent tix, while Jim was trying to get floor seats for the kids. We struck out last week on the Houston tickets, and he tried Dallas, too, which had sold out. New shows were added and we tried again yesterday when they went on sale.

The first 8-9 times I didn't get any tickets showing up. The next time, at about 10:06, three not-so-great tickets came up and I took them for us. Because he was without internet, Jim actually called Ticketmaster. (What is this, the 80s?) It is all automated as well, he reports. He of course reminded me that he could have done the purchase on his iPhone, but he just wanted to try another route. I know, I know. The iPhone mows the lawn and does your taxes, too. ;) There's probably an app that buys your event tix automatically. (If not, I have dibs on that moneymaker!)

So he got better seats, although not floor, for the teenagers. It all worked out. The Monster Ball Tour is supposed to be a "stage musical" sort of format, with the songs strung together in a story. Sounds cool.


Song Lyrics of the Day

...Here in town, you can tell he's been down for a while
But, my God, it's so beautiful when the boy smiles
Wanna hold him
Maybe I'll just sing about it...

Anna Nalick "Breathe (2AM)"

4 comments:

Anonymous,  April 17, 2010 at 12:19 PM  

Lady Gaga? Ugh! ;-)

Kathy April 17, 2010 at 12:56 PM  

LOL. I understand the feeling. I did not like her at all at first, but over time I've come around.

Anonymous,  April 18, 2010 at 9:24 AM  

I don't mind some of her songs (Bad Romance for instance) but I have this thing against anything that causes a lot of hoopla. Like Twilight. ahahaha!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP