Earth Day

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Remember to hug a tree today! :)

Well, I had forgotten what a thrill-ride it is to drive and park downtown during a weekday. Yesterday the Foundation needed a bunch of things dropped off and picked up for the upcoming soiree. Three of the items were in various downtown locations, and nowhere near each other. Cue me driving around countless blocks searching for a parking spot for each. And to make things worse, we have major construction downtown at the moment.

The first spot I took was in a lot for a building I thought housed the business I needed to visit. I felt like I had hit the lottery finding an actual parking lot space. When I got out of my car, I immediately saw the business across the street, but first walked through the building in whose lot I had parked, because all sorts of folks were watching me. Vultures. Eying my spot. (I just made sure it wasn't a handicapped space- I've made that mistake before. Most expensive ticket ever.) And I made it through the first pickup without a ticket or towing.

Next stop was on Congress. Good grief. No spots anywhere, until one opened up at a meter. COOL. But, I had no coins. Three minutes remained on the meter, so I ran two blocks to this place and high-tailed it back. The process took fifteen minutes. No ticket there either. Whew!

The last downtown business happened to have a customer parking space open right in front. Lucky! Yeah people who are collecting charitable donations are customers, too... I think...

They may need more errands done today. If so, I'm bringing a friend with me to run into these places, and I'll just drive around the block and pick them up.

I scored some very underground, demo-ish, unfinished Chasez songery from my fairy godsister. Shhhh. Most are... well... demo-ish and unfinished, which is not only totally okay with me, but also übercool in and of itself. And a couple were pretty good. It's nice to know he's still singing. Such a voice. It's a shame we're not hearing it on radio. Heck, even an intimate Austin bar would do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP