Family history

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I've been exchanging emails with my grandpa for the past few days. He's been telling me about his parents' families. It's all very interesting. Most of his family were/are in the El Campo area.

I've always thought all my family lines went to Germany by about only 1-3 generations back, but Grandpa told me that his grandmother (my great-great-grandma) on his dad's side was part American Indian! Wow! That's pretty cool. He also notes that she was a rotund woman who chewed tobacco. Ahahahaa.

An interesting factoid associated with the Indian ancestry- Grandpa has a type of glaucoma that only American Indians and Eskimos get. Hmm!

2 comments:

Anonymous,  July 19, 2007 at 7:45 AM  

Isn't it great learning unexpected things about your family history? Keep it up. It's our stories that connect our families, generation to generation.

Kathy July 19, 2007 at 1:34 PM  

Yeah, it's so much more interesting to know the family stories, rather than just having a list of names on the family tree!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP