Hairspray

Monday, July 23, 2007

DH and I saw the original cast of Hairspray on Broadway back when it opened. We've been huge fans since, and DD is even in on the excitement. Yesterday we saw the movie. I give it an A+.

John Waters' cameo cracked me up from the opening scene. (Cue DH whispering, "Who is John Waters?" Oy.) I was able to refrain from singing along during the movie (well, most of the time). One of my favorite moments came during a song I always skip on the CD- "Timeless to Me." It was the simple realization that I was watching John Travolta in drag, singing and dancing with Christopher Walken. Who would have ever imagined such a thing? lol.

I am disappointed that they omitted two of the very best songs from the musical- "Momma I'm a Big Girl Now" and "The Big Dollhouse." Oh well, I suppose they can't fit everything in. The singing was amazing, perhaps even better than the original cast.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP