Lady Bird Johnson

Thursday, July 12, 2007

I realized Mrs. Johnson's death was big news when they were interviewing Walter Cronkite on the local Austin news yesterday. I think of her as a local figure, but you know what? She was First Lady as well. Hmm! Remind me to smack myself in the forehead.

I actually have a Lady Bird Johnson story:

When I was pregnant way back in the day, I locked my keys in the car while I was getting my mail. My car was running, too. Embarrassing, yes? Well, I ventured over to a neighbor's house- one I didn't know at all, but he was the closest to my running car- and asked to use the phone. He was so sweet, and after I used the phone to call someone, we had some iced tea and chatted while I waited for help (or for my car to run out of gas). Turned out he was a secret service agent on the team that took care of Lady Bird Johnson. Very interesting!

We live a stone's throw from the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, and I can report that there are media out the wazoo here. Between them and the movie crew, it's quite busy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP