Quote Me on This

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Some of the quotes from me that Lauren keeps on her Facebook page:

"i'm a walking aggie joke!" -mommy
Unfortunately, I say that a lot.

me: "i wonder whos in that charter bus over there."
mom: "mexicanos."

LOL. That was when we were driving to Dallas once, and a bus was driving past. It said "Americanos" on the side, in ginormous letters. With a glance, I thought it said "Mexicanos" and I thought I was being funny, as the bus was clearly labeled. "You mean, AMERICANOS?" Lauren asked. You had to see the size of the logo to fully appreciate the "duh" factor. (Although Americanos is a Mexican bus line, so there were probably Mexicanos aboard. Just saying.)

"yeah i once dated a guy named marlin. he was a rebound guy and i only dated him for a month so its okay." -mom

This was something she misheard. I dated a guy FROM Marlin. Never dated anyone NAMED Marlin. Let's make sure we have that straight. :p Although maybe better to have dated a guy named Marlin than one from Marlin. Ahhhhh, just kidding!

me: "its 11:11, make a wish." 
mom: "WHAT"
I had never heard that one is supposed to make a wish at 11:11. Much akin to the fact that I never knew 4/20 was Weed Day. Thank you Lauren and Google.

"lets go, mofos"- mom
Yeah, I said it. Get a move on, people.

(Ya' know something? Lauren types her quotes much like I type on Yahoo Messenger. Sometimes we don't have time to mess around with caps and punctuation.)

I am going to do something I've never done before and give a shout out to Janera and her brand new meme Wednesday Wickedness- first because she's a forty-something mom (yay!), second because I love quotes and her meme questions are based on them, and third because her first official meme is Gorgeous George quotes. Awesome!

Wednesday Wickedness: George Clooney Quotes

1. "I grew up in the world of bad television, on my dad's sets and then as a young schmuck on dating shows and so on." What is your all time worst TV show and why?
Flavor of Love. I never have seen it, I've just seen others making fun of it. It was a sad combo of Flavor Flav and everything that is wrong with "The Bachelor." Girls fighting over some yutz they don't even know.

2. "I'm certainly the last person to give advice on, well, anything." Where do you get advice?
from friends

3. "Run for office? No. I've slept with too many women, I've done too many drugs, and I've been to too many parties." What celebrity do you think could make a run for office?
George Clooney. :) Most people in office now have done all those things.

4. "The only failure is not to try." Tell us about a recent failure.
Most recently I've been trying to do high impact workouts on my knee, but it's not quite ready for that. I've had to go back to low impact on the right side. Now I'll be all unbalanced. HEY. No comments.

5. "After doing One Fine Day and playing a pediatrician on ER, I'll never have kids. I'm going to have a vasectomy." If you have kids, tell us about them. If not, would you want them?
My brilliant, talented and gorgeous daughter is 16 and looking forward to summer right now, when she will volunteer at the hospital between trips and camps.

6. "You have only a short period of time in your life to make your mark, and I'm there now." Have you made your mark yet?
I think I've made my mark as a wife and mother. I plan to continue making an impact in those and other ways.

7. "I don't believe in happy endings, but I do believe in happy travels, because ultimately, you die at a very young age, or you live long enough to watch your friends die. It's a mean thing, life." Do you believe in happy endings?
Yes I do.

8. "I was in a bar and I said to a friend, 'You know, we've become those 40-year-old guys we used to look at and say, 'Isn't it sad?'" Have you ever felt that way?
Yep! But we all have the last laugh, because being 40 isn't sad after all.

9. "I'd think, 'In a relationship, we should never have this kind of fight.' Then, instead of figuring out how to make it work, I looked for a way to get out of it. The truth is, you shouldn't be married if you're that kind of person." Have you ever left a relationship that you later regretted?
No. The times when I was the one who ended a relationship, it was the right thing to do.

10. "I'm the flavor of the month." What celebrity is your flavor of the month?
George is not my flavor of the month. He's been a steady crush for years and years. Bradley Cooper is my flavor of the month!

1 comments:

Anonymous,  April 21, 2010 at 12:18 PM  

I can't believe she's 16 already!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP