BFD

Friday, June 18, 2010

Lance Armstrong is upset that the editors of Outside Magazine photoshopped "38. BFD." onto the tshirt he's wearing on the cover. He's upset about the BFD part. I'm mostly concerned that in the photo, he looks 48.

Anderson Cooper got glasses. They're terrible. :(

In World Cup news...
Tuning out the vuvuzelas

Ahaha. Good luck with that. I do sooooooo hate that noise. It reminds me of the Austin Aztex game, where I was annoyed by the group of fans with noisemakers and a big drum. I love their enthusiasm! It's just that the noise drowned out the announcer and it was literally incessant. Not one break during the entire game. I came out of there with a headache because of it. I can take three hours of constant crowd screaming (hello- A&M football games), but I wish any noise-making devices would be used intermittently.

We went to the LBJ Library for the first time yesterday. Kimberly has told me for decades that this place has a Gutenberg Bible on display. That's one of the reasons I wanted to go. Is it there? Nope. It's at the Harry Ransom Center. Maybe it was at LBJ for a few months in 1988. Anyhoo... the library was interesting! It was especially cool to see old Johnson family photos from the LBJ Ranch, which we visited last year.

The library is also featuring a Walter Cronkite exhibit right now. I wish I had a dime for every person in there who was saying, in his or her best Cronkite voice, "That's the way it is..." He was such a wise and trusted journalist, and so personable. In a poignant tribute, the back of the program at his memorial service had a photo of him walking away down a hall. In the bottom right corner, it said, That's the way it is...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP