And Now... We Write!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

My life dream- to write a musical. I am suddenly super-motivated to begin making some serious moves towards it. Several months ago I told Kathy L, my most book-obsessed friend, that I want to adapt an unknown book. It has to be a great story, with some humor in it. Immediately, she suggested the perfect one. I don't want to divulge what it is here, but it takes place in a venue I know a LOT about, so I could actually write it very accurately! It is also a perfect setting for a musical theater production, because music is already an integral part of the scene.

I haven't read the book yet, but I'm borrowing it from her today. My next move will probably be to take a little class on scriptwriting. I could get a scriptwriting book and learn about it, but it would be great to meet other writers and get a little more in-depth information on the process.

I can write the whole thing, script and song lyrics, without a composer, although I'll probably get one involved before I finish everything. I am a great lyricist, but can't come up with a good, original tune to save my life. A couple of years ago, I asked Grant if he would write the music... someday. He said to let him know when I was ready to work on it, and hoped he would be available. We've collaborated on songs before and he would be fantastic!

The amusing irony is that when we had our short-lived living room band in high school (I call it a living room band, because we played in Grant's living room, rather than their garage), he was always harassing me for singing in a "Broadway style" rather than a pop style. I had to take it off Broadway and make it more "Madonna." Yeah well, welcome to Broadway, Grant!

Then of course there is the issue of the book author. At some point I need to find out how to go about getting permission to use the book. I don't think it's a problem really, but rather a negotiation of how to split the millions we'll make on the musical. *g*

Eee!!

Sunday Stealing: Another Question Meme

1. It's 2AM and you are not home. You are more than likely:
Dead or kidnapped. Call 911.

2. What's the last thing you spent more than $100 on?
Jeff's Nook reader

3. What do your bank checks look like?
plain old security blue

4. Where did the shirt you are currently wearing come from?
Stein Mart

5. Name something that will be on your Christmas wish list:
some sort of cooking tool

6. What color is your toothbrush?
Green

7. Name something you collect and tell us about it.
I don't collect anything at the moment.

8. Last restaurant you ate at. Who were you with? How was it?
Waterloo Ice House with Kathy L last night. It was good.

9. Who was the last person you bought a birthday card for?
Kimberly

10. What is your worst bad habit?
I kick off my shoes by the door when I get home, and leave them there. I've been trying to put them away every morning, when I'm picking up the living room, but sometimes I still end up with 3 pairs of shoes there before I take them back to the bedroom.

11. Name a magazine you subscribe to?
Consumer Reports

12. Your favorite pizza toppings?
mushrooms, black olives, onions, sun-dried tomatoes

13. Whose number were you looking up the last time you used a phone book?
the company that painted our house several years ago

14. Other than family, who is the person that you love most?
CJ

15. What is the last thing you cooked?
chicken for Apple Walnut Chicken Salad

16. Name something you wouldn't want to buy used?
a helmet

17. Which shoe do you put on first?
usually the left

18. What is the last thing you remember losing?
I lose the downstairs phone all the time

19. What is the ugliest piece of furniture in your house?
the TV stand in the game room

20. Last thing you bought and ended up returning?
the CUTEST pair of silver sequined flip flops from Kohl's. The sequins were sewn too tightly to one of the shoes, so the strap wasn't flat. They didn't have another pair in my size. :(

21. What perfume/cologne do you wear? If none, why?
Pure Grace

22. Your favorite board game?
Scrabble

23. What was the last board game you played?
PayDay

24. Where did your vehicle come from?
South Point Hyundai

25. If a movie was made about your life what would the theme song be?
Tom Cochrane "Life is a Highway"

26. You're sad, who can cheer you up easily?
Laura

27. What was the color of the bridesmaid dresses of the last wedding you went to?
I can't remember. I think it's been 8 years since the last wedding I attended.

28. What house cleaning chore do you hate to do the most?
mopping the kitchen floor

29. What is your favorite way to eat chicken?
chicken picatta- I like that it's pounded flat, so the flavors are more balanced than a thick chunk of chicken. With chicken, it's all about the flavor-to-chicken ratio.

30. It is your birthday. You hope the cake is? 
chocolate with chocolate frosting

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP