Howdy

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I just saw an inspiring quote for our Tuesday morning:

As we let our own Light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
-Nelson Mandela

Scotty was telling me about the San Juan Water and Beach Club hotel in Puerto Rico, since we'll be spending a day in the city on our cruise. It reminds me of SoBe. So pretty...





I've started reading the novel on which I may base my musical. So far, it's good, but because the lead character works in fashion, it's giving a lot of background on the fashion industry, which I know nothing about and don't really care to know about. That element can't be removed from the story though, so I guess I had better pay attention. I'm hoping I'm past it now. Let's get to the big dance number already!

I also did some research on script writing groups and classes in town. Austin is very much a haven for screenwriters. I'm holding out for a class or workshop for playwrights. I have read a few helpful and very informative articles how to write and produce musicals.

Kathy kept calling me a librettist the other night. I had never even heard the word. Then, because of my uncertainty, she began to think she'd made it up. Actually, she was in the ballpark. A librettist writes the words to an opera. I will be the playwright and lyricist on this project. The writer of the music will be the composer.

Yes, there will be a quiz later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP