Hola from Miami Beach

Sunday, June 27, 2010

I am sitting at the pool on a gorgeous morning at the Surfcomber in SoBe. No one else is up yet and I'm the only one here. It's quiet except for the birds and the sound of the waves. So nice.

Catching my breath from a fantastic time in Orlando with Angel, Kevin and Kenneth. As Kenneth suggested, we HAVE to do it again next summer! We did all sorts of things. The boys and the kids went to Universal and the Wonderful World of Harry Potter, or whatever they call it. There was a mini golf outing or two. Angel and I met Wendylicious for dinner and hit a piano bar. We all had a fab dinner at Vito's and hung out here and there. It's really too bad it had to end so soon. :(

Yesterday we met the Baileys here in Miami. Watched the heartbeaking end to the US team's journey at the World Cup. I have a total rant about soccer as a sport, but I'll save that for when I get home, where I can rant properly. Who can whine and complain on a morning like this? :D

We had dinner at a positively amazing South Beach restaurant last night. It's called Ola and if you are ever here, you MUST go. Oh. My. Gawd. Latin cuisine. I've never had most of the stuff. Smoked fish mini tacos in little fried malanga chips shaped like taco shells... shrimp in panca sauce... black beans and rice... fufu... All sorts of things we sampled from each others plates.

We're having breakfast here in about an hour, then off to the ship. One week at sea!! Our cruisemates haven't cruised before, so we are especially excited for them. Also exceptionally excited about San Juan on Thursday. I'll take lots of pics.

Angel has also assigned me to take bathroom photos in every bathroom on the ship. That will take some doing, but I am up for that challenge. ;)

Have a wonderful week everyone! I'll talk to you when I have internet access again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP