And Now... Forbidden Words?

Sunday, December 17, 2017

CDC gets list of forbidden words: Fetus, transgender, diversity

What in the serious *F*? The Centers for Disease Control, an organization of science, can't use the words "science-based" because it scares Republicans? No use of the words "evidence-based?" How do you talk about fetuses without using the word "fetus?"

The suggested "science-based" replacement phrase "CDC bases its recommendations on science in consideration with community standards and wishes" is ludicrous. Do they really? If science says something is fantasy, but the community wants it to be real, CDC throws all facts aside to placate the community? What a truly frightening load of crap. If they abide by this language guidance, I'm not buying anything CDC is putting out there from now on.

From an NYT article- "The Food and Drug Administration was quick to note that it had gotten no such instruction."


That's probably only a matter of time.

Loony toons President and his cuckoo administration!


Sunday Stealing: It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

1. What’s your favorite thing about the holidays?
Everyone is in a festive mood. Seeing friends and family.

2. Do you send out Christmas cards and if so how many do you send?
The last time I sent out Christmas cards to everyone was probably 2005. Now I send to a select few.

3. Be honest: holiday newsletters. Love ‘em or hate ‘em?
LOVE them.

4. Be honest: photo cards. Love ‘em or hate ‘em?
LOVE them.

5. How soon do you start shopping?
I will buy Christmas gifts for people as early as October, if I know what I want to get them.

6. Real or fake tree?
I love real trees, but I don't want to take care of it or deal with the falling needles or hanging the lights. We have a pre-lit fake tree.

7. When do you put up your tree?
The day after Thanksgiving.

8. When do you take down your tree?
New Year's Day

9. Describe your typical tree (size, decorations, type)
Ours is a green tree, about 7 feet tall, with multi-colored lights and all our personal ornaments that I've collected over the years since we got married.

10. What do you top your tree with?
a cute, round, jolly Santa Claus

11. Do you put Christmas lights outside your house?
Nope. We have lights in our front windows.

12. Is there a wreath hanging on your door?
No

13. Do you hang up stockings?
Yep

14. Your favorite Christmas Movie(s)
Love Actually, Scrooged

15. Be honest: A Christmas movie you don't like
I don't think there are any I dislike.

16. Favorite Christmas Song(s)
Oh Holy Night
I'll Be Home for Christmas
Do You Hear What I Hear
Baby It's Cold Outside
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
All I Want For Christmas is You- Mariah Carey (I know, it's overplayed, but every single time you have to stand up and sing your best Mariah Carey, right?!)
You Don't Have to Be Alone- NSYNC 
Last Christmas- Wham!
Blue Christmas- Elvis Presley

17. Be honest: If I hear this/these Christmas songs again I will throw up
Joy to the World
Jingle Bells
Wonderful Christmas Time- Paul McCartney (*shudder*)
sorry to all my 1980s friends and 1980s me, but... "Do They Know It's Christmas"- Band Aid

18. Give or Receive?
Give!

19. Eggnog or Mulled Cider?
cider

20. Ham or Turkey?
ham

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP