You've Been Endorsed

Saturday, October 24, 2015

LinkedIn endorsements are the silliest things. They could be meaningful, if people took them seriously, but people just hand them out. I think it's because they show up in LinkedIn as a suggestion and people just do it to tick that box.

If you have 37 endorsements for Content Strategy, but one of them is from your mom, it just highlights the fact that people deal out endorsements like Halloween candy.

Let's keep it real. If you're a family member or one of my pals, and I've never worked with you, I probably know little about what kind of a manager you are or how skilled you are in Good Clinical Practice, but I could endorse you for things like:

Bartending
Parallel Parking
Pictionary
Grilling
Couponing
Sense of Humor
Parenting
Karaoke...

Off to endorse some people!

Sunday Stealing: 25 Fun Meme

1. If you were trapped in a room with the person who asked this for 24 hours, what would you do? The answer cannot be romantic or sexual.
Why not romantic or sexual? Well since I just pulled this one from the blog, I'll pick... Kimberly! I hope we're trapped in a room in the Four Seasons. With her, I would play cards and look at old photos!

2. If you could learn any language instantly, what would it be?
Spanish

3. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Billy Budd *snort*

4. Favorite song lyric?
How 'bout...
You make me smile like the sun
Fall out of bed, sing like a bird
Dizzy in my head, spin like a record
Crazy on a Sunday night
You make me dance like a fool
Forget how to breathe
Shine like gold, buzz like a bee
Just the thought of you can drive me wild
Oh, you make me smile


5. Favorite album?
One of my all-time faves is Evanescence's Fallen. All great songs.

6. Which time of day would you say is best for you work-wise?
7-10 a.m.

7. Favorite city that you’ve visited?
Las Vegas

8. Favorite city that you haven’t visited?
Rome

9. If you could donate $10,000 to charity, what charity would you pick?
MD Anderson

10. What is one book you wish you could get all your friends to read?
Billy Budd

11. What is one movie you wish you could get all your friends to watch?
Love, Actually

12. What do you think people assume about you from first glance?
that I'm a geeky science chick

13. If you could play any musical instrument, what would it be?
guitar

14. What is your favorite item of clothing?
my casual jeans

15. Who was your first follower on your blog? Do they still follow you?
The first person who knew about my blog was Eva. She catches up now and then!

16. If you could create one thing, what would it be?
a cure for cancer

17. Favorite superhero?
Thor

18. If you were to write an autobiography, what would you title it?
Just Keep Swimming

19. If you were to have a band, what would you call it?
KK and the Blowfish

20. What is your favorite card/board game?
"The Card Game"

21. What was the first IM service you used? Who was the first person you talked to on it?
AIM. Kerstin was probably the first person I talked to on it.

22. If you could give a friendly hug to any one person, who would it be? Cannot be your romantic/sexual partner if you have one.
Jen. She just had her baby this week!

23. Have you ever won any sort of contests? What kind?
I've won several contests- mostly in writing.

24. Who was the last person you hugged? Cannot be your romantic/sexual partner if you have one.
Jen. I hugged her before she left work for maternity leave.

25. If you could be skilled in any one activity, what would it be? Cannot be romantic or sexual.
Again it can't be romantic or sexual? This survey is very limiting. Um... I would be skilled in grilling.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP