Back from Big D

Sunday, November 15, 2015

I've just returned from the fourth meeting for one of my studies- this time in Dallas, at the Grand Hyatt DFW, which is one of my all-time favorite hotels. It is beautiful inside, with a room view (should you request it) over the runway. Very cool. So fun to see all our worldwide team members again, and to meet some great new people.

It was too cold for me at the rooftop saline pool, but not for one of our coordinators from Minnesota. Hey, at least it's heated.

We finally saw The Martian last weekend. It was SO good! One of my favorite moments was when Rich called his idea "Project Elrond." With SEAN BEAN sitting right there as part of the NASA team.

Bahaha! A lil' somethin' for the LOTR fans.

There were a lot of great lines in the movie. I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see what would happen next, through the whole thing. Go see it!


Saturday 9: The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia (1972)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) The lyrics tell us about a young man who stopped at a bar named Webb's before heading home. What's the last restaurant or bar you visited? What did you order? 
Ooh.  The Grand Met at the Grand Hyatt DFW. I had the best lunch- the steak salad. O. M. G.
Fork tender steak and perfectly dressed arugula.

2) In this video, Vicki Lawrence is obviously lip synching. If you had to participate in a competition, would you do better at karaoke or lip synching? And what song would you choose to perform?
I think I would sing karaoke- Kelly Clarkson "The Trouble with Love Is"



3) Back when this song was popular, so was the Rubik's Cube. Can you solve that 3-D puzzle?
Back then, I learned how to solve it by buying a guidebook at the bookstore (those were the days, eh?), so I could solve it pretty quickly. Not today though.

4) Vicki Lawrence is a hyphenate, meaning she's a comedienne-actress-singer. Using hyphens, describe yourself.
data manager-database administrator-all around "fire-putter-outer"

5) Back in the early 1970s, songwriter Bobby Russell first offered this song to Cher, who refused it. Give us the name of a song Cher did record.
"Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves"

6) Vicki Lawrence won her first big break playing Carol Burnett's kid sister because of her resemblance to the star. Have you ever been told you look like a celebrity?

Ellie Kemper. There she is with my hairstyle. I would love to have that color! Maybe I'll try it someday.

7) She also starred on Mama's Family in the role of matriarch of an argumentative Southern clan. As we head into the holiday season, do your plans involve a lot of family time?
This year it's Thanksgiving and Christmas with my in-laws. Usually it's just Christmas.

8) After The Carol Burnett Show and Mama's Family, Vicki became a staple on daytime TV. She hosted Win, Lose or Draw and was a contestant on The Match Game and $25,000 Pyramid. Do you watch much daytime TV?
On Wednesdays, I keep the tv on for noise and the occasional distraction. I DVR The Chew every day and watch when I get home from work. Best daytime show!

9) Random question provided by a Sat 9er: Bugs/insects. Do you like 'em or fear 'em? Tell us something/anything you know about them.
I fear any insect that bites or stings. Otherwise, I like them just fine. I have learned that scorpion stings are not typically deadly or even emergency-room-worthy. (BUT I still don't want to be stung by one. Almost grabbed one on the garage door handle recently.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP