Pictionary Gone Bad

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Bum Phillips- coolest coach ever. RIP, Coach.


We did a wine and dessert game night last night. Bruce made homemade eclairs, people. Homemade. Eclairs.

I brought the wine. Just sayin'.

We were playing Pictionary on a giant Post-It pad (perfect for Pictionary!) and at some point, Susan was trying to draw "adopt" (WHAT? seriously...). She drew all these stick figures with stick figure children and a bunch of arrows and no one ever got it.

When we found out what it was, Scott said she should have drawn China. Susan said that would be too hard. He said then she could have drawn a Chinese child being adopted.

Um. And how exactly would one do that?

While we were groaning and laughing and hastily stopping all conversation before it went any further, Scott said, "Betcha didn't know it was... So hey! Why don't you guys come on over tonight for Racist Pictionary!" Ahaha.

The only funnier moment was Bruce drawing "wolf." I should have taken a PHOTO...duh. It was a mystery animal with a claw (big teeth) as a head and a tiny stick figure with a giant handbag (Little Red Riding Hood and her basket). We were all literally rolling around the living room laughing. Good times.


Saturday 9: Come to My Window
Melissa Etheridge is a breast cancer survivor and October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Please spread the word about early detection.

1) This song is about a woman passionate about love and willing to pursue it, no matter what "they say." Are you fearless when it comes to public opinion? Or do you worry about what "they" think of you?
It totally depends on the situation. Most of the time, if the people in my life told me by overwhelming majority that something I'm doing isn't right/good for me/good for someone else/etc. I would listen to them. That's a natural part of life and living in social groups. When there is something they don't know or understand about the situation or I feel strongly enough about it, I've gone against public opinion at times.

2) Melissa's father was a high school teacher. Tell us about a teacher who had an impact on you.
Dr. Ayoub was a highly respected electrical engineering prof at A&M. The only time I've ever not been able to grasp an entire area of science, I earned a flat out F (not anywhere near a 59) in his Circuit Theory class. I went to his office near the end of the semester to ask him if he would consider giving me extra credit or letting me retake an exam or something... ANYTHING to avoid having an F on my transcript.

In the dramatic time I spent in his office (there were a couple of tears), I explained that I knew he didn't know me (it was a class of 250), but I had never gotten grades below B and I was on scholarship and this would ruin my college GPA and besmirch my transcript and I just had no idea how I wasn't picking this material up over an entire semester, especially with after-class study sessions and Jeff and his EE buddies tutoring me on the side.

He listened patiently to my rambling and then calmly said (he was Egyptian), "American students worry too much about grades. Have you learned anything in my class this semester?"

I said I had.

"Then you won't get an F in this class."

That was it.

And he gave me a D. I honestly didn't think he would remember our conversation when grades were posted, but he came through on his word and I learned to worry a little less about my grades.
 
3) Melissa won a Grammy for this song. If you won a major award, where would you display it?

I wouldn't want my award to be on a pedestal in the foyer or atop the living room mantel for everyone who enters the house to admire. I would keep it in my office.

4) Which TV game show do you think you'd do better on -- The Price Is Right or Wheel of Fortune?
Wheel of Fortune

5) Are you neat and organized?

In most areas of my life, yes.

6) When was the last time you went more than a day without washing your hair?
Up until about twenty years ago, when I had sixteen tons of hair, I could only wash it twice a week or it would get really dried out.

7) When you eat Chinese food, do you use chopsticks or a fork?
I use a fork for Chinese food and chopsticks for Japanese food and sushi. There's more peer pressure at a Japanese restaurant.

8) Are you a good cook?
Not really. I wish I were!

9) We're having a party in your honor! Would you prefer a costume party, a bowling party or a pool party? 
Costume party!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP