Saturday 9

Saturday, January 10, 2015

This song reminds me that I left my Billy Idol cassette in Pedro's car in 1988 and never retrieved it. One of the first things I said when we reconnected on Facebook in 2008- WHERE IS MY DANG BILLY IDOL CASSETTE?

Ha!

Saturday 9: Dancing with Myself (1980)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is one of Billy Idol's biggest hits. Can you name another?
White Wedding

2) When is the last time you danced around your home?
Thursday- to "Bang Bang"

3) In this song, Billy says he dances with his own reflection. Is there a mirror in the room you're in right now?
Nope, but the TV is off, so there is a reflection there.

4) Dancing with Myself is also the name of Billy Idol's 2014 autobiography. Let's say you're going to write your life story. What do you title it?

Talking For Free, of course

5) This month, Billy resumes his 2014-15 concert tour in New Orleans. Have you ever been to Louisiana?

  • spent a week one middle school summer visiting KimB, my elementary school BFF who had moved to Baton Rouge
  • went with my mom to visit one of her old friends outside New Orleans during high school
  • went to a Lambda Sigma conference in Monroe my sophomore year of college
  • also took an A&M Travel Group road trip to Mardi Gras in New Orleans (with CJ!) my sophomore year
  • Jeff and I visited Donna and Brian in New Orleans a few years ago
6) In 1980, when "Dancing with Myself" was first popular, VHS players were all the rage. Do you still have yours?
Nope. I have a several VHS tapes though. I wonder why.

7) In 1980, The Love Boat was getting good ratings. Have you ever taken a cruise?
I think I have taken 9 cruises.

8) Sally Field won her first Oscar in 1980 for the movie Norma Rae. Five years later she won a second Oscar for Places in the Heart and delivered one of the most quoted acceptance speeches in Academy history. Do you remember what she said?

"You like me! You really like me!"

9) In 1980, People magazine named Stephen King one of the most intriguing people of the year because he had two big paperback bestsellers -- The Dead Zone and The Shining. Do you have a favorite Stephen King book?
The Shining 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP