We Out

Saturday, January 23, 2016

I resigned on Monday. I am staying with the company as a contractor, for occasional short term tasks. If I ever want to go back, I have that option as well. Never a bad thing!

I gave eleven weeks notice, 'cuz I'm nice like that. Time for them to hire my replacement and for me to train that person, time to finish out one of my current trials to the end. March 31 is my last day in the office!

Two of my three colleagues are also leaving, both of them for positions in another department. One took her new job last week. The other will take her new job in April.

I won't go into the mountain of reasons I am leaving the 9-5, but I can reveal my next adventure.

When I was a stay-at-home mom, I was home to care for our child full time. I had no real appreciation of the value of all the cleaning, planning our social calendar, organizing and carrying out home improvement projects, all the shopping and cooking meals, etc.

That is, until we didn't have anyone to do it for the past three years.

People may say, "My husband/wife and I both work and we take care of all that stuff without breaking a sweat. Plus we have twin toddlers, two dogs and a half-acre vegetable garden." I know!! Maybe it's just us. Or maybe it's my having had more time to dedicate to those things for so long that now I really just want that time to do things the way I used to.

I want our weekends and evenings to be relaxing, with everything a bit more... put together. A little less worrying and hurrying and a little more zen. Lowering my blood pressure and getting a full night's sleep is #1 on the list to start.

So there you have it. I'll be running our household activities and filling in with the occasional work project. My friends and coworkers are incredibly supportive, and I am very grateful for that!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP