Hallelujah

Monday, June 29, 2015

For those of you like me, with an unusually deep love and appreciation for Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" and all its many covers (the best of which we could debate ad nauseam, if you'd like to), you may have missed this amazing rendition from Côr Glanaethwy, a Welsh choir, on the 2015 Britain's Got Talent grand finale. So here you go:

Wait. Got your kleenex ready? (Or is it just me who cries when this song is played??)



Chills.

Newsweek ranked 60 versions in February 2015, here. From that list, Regina Spektor's is great and I will always love Jason Castro's version from AI, which mesmerized us when it aired in season 7.


Sunday Stealing: Unusual Things
1. Who was the last person of the opposite sex you laid in a bed with?
Jeff

2. Where was the last place you went out to eat?
Satellite Bistro

3. What was the last alcoholic beverage you consumed? 
Masi Pinot Grigio last night at Satellite Bistro

4. Which do you prefer - eyes or lips? 
lips

5. Medicine, fine arts, or law?
medicine

6. Best kind of pizza? 
salami and pepperoncini

7. Is your bedroom window open?
It's June in Texas. So... no.

8. What is in store for your future? 
I thought this said my furniture. Ahhhhhhaha. I hope there are more travel destinations and more concerts in my very near future!

9. Who was the last band you saw live? 
ACK. It's been so long. I'm seriously having live music withdrawals. I'm pretty sure it was Bruno Mars. Or Maroon 5. One of those.

10. Do you take care of your friends while they are sick?
I haven't needed to care for them much, but I'm here if they need anything!

11. Any historical figures that you envy?
Not really.

12. How many songs are on your iTunes?
2221

13. What brand of digital camera do you own?
I can't remember. I haven't used it since I got an iPhone.

14. When was the last time you got a good workout?
Um, counting when I climbed four flights of stairs a couple of weeks ago? No? It's been probably been 18 months since I went to a gym with Crystal.

15. Are you experienced?
If I weren't, it would be a sad thing at this stage of my life.

16. If you need a new pair of jeans, what store do you go to first?
Macy's

17. Are you a quitter?
Nope. I give people, jobs and life situations far too many chances than I should before I quit them. It's a curse. To the middle school volleyball coach who told me and my teammates who quit that season for very good reason that we "would always be quitters in life," I give the double-barrel middle fingers.

18. What are two bands or singers that you will always love? 
Only TWO?  If I limit to my own generation and ignore the recent stuff and my parent's stuff... Duran Duran and George Michael/Wham. That may be three. Gah. Next question please.

19. What of the seven deadly sins are you guilty of? 
Envy, gluttony and lust. Hey, I'm at less than 50%.

20. Did you just have to google the seven deadly sins to see what they were? 
Maybe. This is one of those medium lists of 5-7 things where every time you count them off, you miss a different one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP