Lists

Saturday, March 24, 2012

List of lists I have on my desk/desktop right now:

  • "song lyrics of the day" written in ten different languages for the blog (I need to do one)
  • blog post ideas
  • Lauren's anticipated monthly expenses at college (how do parents even begin to guess this stuff??!)
  • Texas counties (for one of my websites)
  • rental car companies in Providence (done! *TRASH*)
  • the last 3 old friends I'm waiting on to join Facebook (Tiffany, Jaime and Carlos) (don't get me started on the list of current friends I am harassing waiting on to join- JeffC, Kathy, Cindy...)
  • Mafia Wars items I need (haven't played in at least a year- *TRASH*)
Song Lyrics des Tages

...I am the girl of a hundred lists
From what shall I wear
to who I have kissed...

"Girl of 100 Lists" The Go-Go's



Back in the day, I used to maintain a list of guys I had kissed. I very recently found out that pretty much every girl I know kept track of theirs, too. Nice to know, since I always thought I was a total geekburger for doing it and kept my list hidden away in a drawer. Cathy kept an even more interesting list... Just let your minds wander on that one. And in case you were wondering, today's teenage girls keep the kissing list on their phones. Ahh, technology.


Saturday 9: Come Dancing
(Greeeeat. Now I'll have that song in my head all day.)

1. When was the last time that you went out dancing?
OK. I was last dancing my ass off in public at the Erasure concert in September, because I dance as often as humanly possible. My husband, on the other hand, would rather die a slow, painful death than go dancing. We usually dance on our cruise vacations at some point, and our last cruise was in 2010. The last club where he and I were dancing was (the former) Tangerine's at the Renaissance Austin Hotel. I am pretty sure we were there with Bob and Teri, and I am guessing it was about 1995.

2. Have you ever had an argument with a teacher?
As a student? Absolutely not. Actually, I've never had an argument with a teacher as a parent either. I have had an argument as a parent with a school counselor though. :) I always say I need more patience with idiots.

3. Do you have a tough time remembering people’s names?
Sometimes. I was just telling someone about this funny photo thing that's going around...

That awkward moment when Neville becomes the hottest.
and I identified the guys as "The dorky one, Beasley, Harry Potter and the blonde guy." Yeah.

4. Would you rather change your past or know your future?
Change my past. I don't want to know the future at all. It takes all the fun out of discovering it.

5. What’s one thing you feel you must do in your life before it ends?
Visit Italy.

6. How many credit cards do you have right now that have a zero balance?
We have two credit cards we use for everything, but we carry a zero balance on both.

7. What is the most expensive thing you purchased this year?
A new fridge.

8 . If you're married, this probably doesn't apply to you, but: Are you mindful about getting tested for STDs/HIV at least semi-regularly? Why/why not? Married people: Were you mindful about this type of thing when you were single? Why/why not?
I only got that intimate with serious boyfriends, so I never was super-concerned with STDs. I did think about it, but I trusted that these guys wouldn't do anything to hurt me. I wish I could say that we had conversations about it, but I don't think I did with any of them. I assumed they would tell me if they had something. I guess they assumed the same. I've never had an STD, thank goodness. Probably more a matter of statistics than anything, because we were young and hadn't been with that many partners at the time. If I were dating today, I would be much more careful. I wouldn't necessarily require that someone take a test, but I would at the very least ask the question. And I would get tested at least once a year.

9. If you could ask the President of the United States one question, what would it be?
Tell me the truth. I promise I won't tell anyone. Do you really want to do this for four more years?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP