New Challenger Video

Saturday, March 10, 2012

For anyone who saw it live, like I did, or remembers that day, here's a newly uncovered spectator video of the Challenger explosion.

Still awful to watch. I completely tense up at "Going throttle up..."


Saturday 9: Easy

1. Have you ever had a romantic breakup that was easy?
Only one-- Charlie, my senior year of college. Mutual friends in our department at school thought it would be awesome for us to date. After several group outings and one actual date, it was obvious that neither of us was the other's type at all. Because we were both on the same page and hadn't gotten too involved, it was fairly easy and we remained friends.

2. When was the first time that you felt betrayed?
The summer before 3rd grade, we were playing outside and Frankie very suddenly came up with this "fantastic idea" to have Kim and I compete in a kissing contest. (Totally innocent, dirty birdies- just a peck on the lips.) Frankie was one of my closest friends. It had never even crossed my mind to kiss him or that he wanted to kiss me. I just knew I certainly didn't want him kissing HER.

:)  What. That is totally logical in the female 8-year-old mind.

I remember the contest itself vividly, but I honestly don't remember who won. Let's just say Frank and I remained friends through junior high and Kim disappeared forever. Well, his parents and mine were friends and moved together to a neighborhood across town, but still.

3. Do you feel religious beliefs should have a role in politics?
One's religious beliefs are intertwined with one's moral beliefs. It is impossible to participate in the political process without using one's moral compass, and therefore impossible to take part without bringing in one's religious beliefs. In the US, Democracy takes into account differing views, so one individual's convictions do not rule over all.

4. Are you doing anything special this weekend?
Going to a color guard competition today.

5. Oreo cookies turned 100 years old this week. How do YOU eat an Oreo?
I prefer not to. Mostly because it puts black stuff all over your teeth. Never cute. When I was little though, I used to open it up and lick the cream off, then eat the cookies one at a time.

6. If you could change something about yourself, what would it be?
I always say this, and I am not being sarcastic. I would like to be more patient with people who are acting like idiots.

7. Describe a time when you should have tried harder.
8th grade Science Fair. I came up with a very simple, math-based cipher. The thing went all the way to the Houston Science Fair, but it was the laziest project I ever did.

8. What is your favorite baseball-related movie?
A League of Their Own 

9. What is one lesson you have learned in the past year?
People will come out of very bad places in their lives by their own sheer determination. The unconditional love and support of friends and family members is invaluable, but in the end, it will not be what saves them. They will summon something inside themselves to emerge. No matter how much you want to be a catalyst for their healing, it's simply not in your hands. So be there, and love and support with all that you are. Just leave your superhero notions at the door.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP