'Tis the Season to be Jolly

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Fa la la la laaaaaaaaa...

Yesterday, Kathy and I went to Armadillo Bazaar at Palmer Events Center. It's always the best art show in town. I even bought something this year!! It's cut metal folk art by Hayley Nolte. A mirror to be precise. SO cool. I've hung it in my foyer and I am elated to own it. I debated between a cowboy boot motif and a sea turtle motif, both of which I loved, but I have some other decor that is Texas-themed, so I went with the boots. It's perfect! You can see a similar one on their website here (my boot mirror's color scheme is different than the photo there). I think Jeff even likes it.

Today, I helped Kathy bake her Christmas cookies and fudge for her trip home to Houston tomorrow. I'm not doing any baking this year, so it was nice to participate. I will, however, be roasting a beef tenderloin for the first time ever on Friday, so watch for that story right here on Boxing Day.

Tomorrow... Jeff's fam arrives. Let the annual traditional Christmas puzzle begin!


Saturday 9: Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer (1979)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) According to a marketing research firm, this song is both one of the most played and most hated songs of the season. Do you like it?
Nope.

2) In this song, Grandma's troubles start when she drinks too much eggnog. Do you like eggnog?
Yes, but not more than one glass.

3) In the song, Grandpa recovers from losing Grandma by drinking beer and playing cards with Cousin Mel. Will you be celebrating the holidays with cousins?
No, just Jeff's parents and my brother-in-law.

4) When did you most recently drink a beer? Was it in a bottle, a can or a glass?
I vaguely remember recently having a Shiner Bock in a bottle with Jeff.

5) The lyrics refer to "pudding of fig." In "We Wish You a Merry Christmas," the carolers demand figgy pudding. Yet despite its popularity in holiday songs, Sam has never tasted fig pudding. Have you?
I have not.

6) Thinking of holiday sweets, would you prefer a gingerbread cookie or slice of pumpkin pie?
gingerbread cookie

7) This song was recorded by a duo named Elmo & Patsy. It occurs to Sam that she has never met anyone named Elmo. How about you? Any Elmos in your life?
I know no Elmos (Elmoes?).

8) Do you need snow to get "into the spirit?"
I live in central Texas. We very rarely get snow at all, so... nope!

9) Random question: Are you going to get/have you gotten a flu shot this year?
I got my flu shot!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP