Christmas 2015

Sunday, December 27, 2015

So it's The Day After Boxing Day! I will never forget my dad, stepbrother, stepbro's BFF and I, ready to go shopping in London the day after Christmas 1983, when we found out all the stores were closed for something called Boxing Day.

What. The. ?!

Brits.

Anyhoo... The beef tenderloin was a big hit! It was super easy and the meat was fantastic. Not an everyday thing at $27 a pound, but yes. Good stuff. I also made crack potatoes, which everyone knows are the best potatoes ever invented. So it worked well. Lauren and Grandma made the strawberry jello, cream cheese, pretzel crust dessert thing, which was delicious. First family Christmas meal at my place is now in the memory books.

We didn't go out to eat one single time while the fam was here. That's probably some sort of record as well. We also didn't finish our 1000 piece puzzle for the first time ever! Ack. That thing is still sitting on the table. We will finish it!

We have finally made a pact with Steven that we will no longer purchase gift cards to exchange at Christmas. (I don't prefer to get anyone a gift card unless it's something really unique that requires it, but that's what he asks for every year.) It's just weird to trade gift cards. I mean, honestly. What exactly is the point? Now the cancellation of this horrible tradition has been decreed! Yaaaaay! And I am free to just give him a gag gift, which is WAY more fun.


Saturday 9: Happy Holidays!

1. As you can see, Sam loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. Yet some children are reluctant to climb into Jolly Old St. Nick's lap. Did you enjoy the tradition or were you shy? Or did you by pass it altogether -- either because you wrote him a letter or because your family didn't celebrate Christmas?

I always enjoyed it! Lots of pics of me on Santa's lap. I didn't want to miss telling him what I wanted, so he wouldn't give me clothes.

2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there?

Nice. I got there by making it through the entire year without silly stringing the office of that person we can't stand at work.

3. Did you ship any gifts to friends and family this year? If so, which one traveled the farthest?
I only shipped one (a live tabletop evergreen arrangement). It went to my Grandpa in Dallas.

4. Did you buy yourself a gift this year?
Guitar Hero Live

5. What's your favorite holiday-themed movie?

Love Actually

6. Thinking of movies, Christmas is lucrative for Hollywood. Have you ever gone to a movie theater on Christmas Day?
We usually go to a movie on Christmas afternoon. We didn't this year.

7. Have you ever suffered an embarrassing moment at the company Christmas party? 
I wish I had, so this answer would be entertaining, but no.

8. What's your favorite beverage in cold weather?
spiced cider

9. Share a memory from last Christmas. 

Going to Johnson City with Scott and Julie!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP