Bandaging Wounds Between Fingers

Friday, May 19, 2017

Okay, kids. I have a suggestion for bandaging a very specific sort of finger injury- one where your wound is in that space at the base of and between two fingers. No bandaid fits comfortably there. I Googled for ideas, but most of what came up were gory stories of how people managed to accidentally cut themselves between their fingers in various ways.

I didn't think it was possible to cringe for 30 minutes straight, but yes. Yes it is.

People were also debating the pros and cons of Supergluing a cut. I have a fear that if I ever Superglue a cut, it would probably glue in a weird, folded way and I'd have to go through whatever the ghastly fix is for that. (I don't. Want. To. Know. Thanks.)

So I thought this up for my dermatologist-inflicted punch biopsy, between my pinky and ring fingers. Here we go.

1) Get yourself a small, sterile non-stick pad, the smallest you can find (mine are about 2" square).
2) Get some 1 inch wide "gentle tape," the stretchy kind that sticks only to itself.
3) Put Neosporin (preferably with pain reliever in it) on the pad and shape the pad into a U with the ointment on the bottom, under the base of the U and the sides of the U going up the sides of your fingers.
4) Place the U between your fingers, with the Neosporin covering the wound.
5) Wrap the pad's ends (the ones sticking out the palm and back sides of your hand) around one finger or the other.
6) Wrap BOTH fingers with the stretchy wrap, covering the pad and holding it in place.

Ta da!!!

I'm convinced the reason I'm on Day 5 of this painful journey is because I keep inadvertently spreading those two fingers. Yeah, that feels exactly like it sounds. Yesterday, I was just taping them together with surgical tape over an oddly placed bandaid. And it sucked. This is working much better!


Saturday 9: Him or Me -- What's It Gonna Be? (1967)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, a man pleads with his girlfriend to make up her mind. Do you consider yourself decisive?
Most of the time, yes.

Since this song is all about either/or, we're using that as our theme this Saturday ...

2) Choose a condiment: Catsup or mustard?

mustard

3) Choose a sci-fi series: Star Wars or Star Trek?
They both have their great points... If I had to choose, I'd pick Star Wars.

4) Choose your spy: James Bond or Jason Bourne? 
Jason Bourne. He's less of a "playa."

5) Choose your winter sport: Football or hockey? 
Football, baby.

6) Choose your breakfast: Pancakes or waffles?
waffles

7) Choose your side: French fries or potato chips?
French fries

8) Choose your chore: Washing dishes or doing laundry?
laundry

9) Choose your next-door neighbors: Munsters or Addams Family?
Munsters

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP