Grocery Store Adventures

Friday, July 7, 2017

So I get into a regular checkout line this morning with 16 items in my grocery cart (that's one over the fast lane limit), behind a woman with a completely full cart. She immediately turns around and sees me. Five full minutes later, when she's about three-quarters unloaded onto the conveyor, another woman shows up with a completely full cart and pulls up next to us.

Original woman with full cart (to me): She's with me. We have two big cart-loads of groceries today. Sorry!

She couldn't have mentioned that... oh... I don't know... as soon as I walked up?

So rude.  What is it with this social climate where inconsiderate dunderheads run free? I blame Trump.

In other news... we saw The Big Sick last weekend. It is really good! Fun date movie!


Saturday 9: The Joker (1973)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Steve Miller claims he's a picker, grinner, sinner, lover, smoker and joker. Do any of those six words describe you?

grinner, lover, sinner, joker

2) He maintains he's still a midnight toker. When's the last time you got high?
at least 30 years ago

3) The lyrics include a reference to peaches. Name your favorite fruit.
watermelon

4) This song had a big impact on the character of Joey on Friends, who had an imaginary friend named Maurice with the occupation of space cowboy. Did you ever have an imaginary friend? 
nope

5) Steve Miller is the pride of Milwaukee, WI. What else is Milwaukee famous for?
beer

6) Steve Miller considers himself a serious blues guitarist. When did you last feel like singing the blues?
Wednesday, when I was looking at the rules for a program for which Lauren may be applying. There is so much legal jargon in the informational material that my head was spinning. I had the head spinnin', forehead smackin', "shall therein be referenced as the revocation of these statutes" bluuuues.

7) In 1973, when this song was popular, you could buy a portable 8-track tape player for $44.50. On what device do you listen to music most often?
my phone

8) A Curious George book packaged with a Curious George plush toy was a big seller at Christmas 1973. Tell us about a toy -- either given or received -- that brightened a holiday or birthday for you.
I remember giving Lauren a Skip It. 
Not Lauren.
It was really cool, because it's basically the Lemon Twist I used to have when I was little. I played with that thing until the lemon fell apart from being scraped on the driveway. 

Remember these? Superfun!
9) M*A*S*H was one of TV's top-rated shows in 1973. Who is your favorite M*A*S*H character?
I've seen every episode in repeats. They're all so great. I'll say Henry Blake.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP