On the BED??!

Friday, July 14, 2017

Laughing at the IKEA commercial where the mom is commenting as the daughter is in her dorm room and a boy shows up. They proceed to sit on her bed to study and mom says, "Oh, on the BED?! Absolutely NOT..."



My mom said that all the time! LOL. I thought it was her generation, but here's a current mother of a college student saying it on TV.

One time I asked Mom, "So, it's okay if I sit with a guy on a couch, but not a bed?"

"Yes."

"So... Anywhere on earth but a bed."

"Yes! There's something about being with a boy on a bed that is sort of an 'invitation'."

Ahaha. It is?????! I dunno. I just never got it. If a boy was in my bedroom, there weren't many places for us to sit together to look at something or chat or whatever. I mean, we had the door open and parents were home. (That was a rule I understood and abided by to the letter- no boys in the house when parents weren't home.) I really tried to do the 'no boys on the bed' thing, but I never noticed we were on a bed together until Mom showed up and gave me the evil eye.

Plus, if we wanted to engage in activities we weren't supposed to be doing in mom and dad's house, couldn't we do those things on a couch? On a floor? In a chair? Still shaking my head on this issue.

For the record, I didn't care a bit if Lauren was sitting on a bed with a boy. With her, I constantly had to clarify that the door had to be completely open with a boy in the bedroom- not just a few inches. Ha!!


Saturday 9: I Will Never Let You Down (2017)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Fastball is a trio from Austin, Texas. Austin is the capital of Texas. When you were in school, did you have to memorize the state capitals?

I did! Good times. Can't remember all of them anymore.

2) Have you ever visited your state's capital?
I live here.

3) Fastball played dates throughout Canada this past spring. When did you last leave the US of A?

March 2015 when I went to Berlin to make a presentation at an investigators' meeting for work. SO very interesting. I want to go back and spend more time as a tourist.

4) Tony Scalzo is a founding member of Fastball. He's the singer in the video for this song, and that's his wife, Jennifer, playing the organizer of the speed-dating event. Have you ever gotten a job because you knew somebody?
Gallagher's- Kimberly was a hostess there
my current job- MelissaN suggested me when she couldn't take the job they'd offered to her

5) In this pitch to a perspective lover, he admits he doesn't have much money. Last time you went to the ATM, how much did you withdraw?
I can't even remember the last time I went to an ATM. Probably $20. I don't use cash in general.

6) He sings that at times, his mind is hazy. Do you have a good memory for names?
Noooo. I'm especially bad if I think we're just meeting this once and will never see each other again. Inevitably, we do, and you remember my name. Gah. I do wish I were better with names.

7) Fastball guitarist Miles Zuniga admits that he once had a crush on Carrie Fisher (aka Princess Leia). Tell us about one of your one-sided love affairs, either with a celebrity or someone you knew in real life.
My longest-running celeb crush is George Clooney. I liked him in E/R, Facts of Life and Roseanne, but really became enamored with him during the ER days. He's still hot today!

8) Fastball's drummer Joey Shuffield is partial to drums from Pork Pie Percussion. This company was started by Bill Detamore, who began making drums as a hobby. Do you have any hobbies that, under the right circumstances, could make you money?
Not right now, but I turned website design into a part time business from 2000-2017. It's going to be over August 2. Woohoo! On to something new.

9) The fast ball is the most common pitch in major league baseball. Now that the MLB season is past the halfway mark, how is your baseball team doing?
I don't watch MLB at all. I guess I would have to be an Astros gal, if pressed to support a team. Google tells me:
Houston Astros 60-29, 1st in American League West

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP