Despacito Da-Da-Da-Da-Da-Da Despacito

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

So smileys in work emails make you look incompetent and female? What?! I only use smileys in work emails with my true work friends, with whom I socialize, not for most people. I do tend to use a lot of exclamation points and very positive language to make sure people know I'm using a pleasant tone in work emails. Sometimes, I go through and remove some of the exclamation points, because it reads like I'm hopped up on caffeine.

Luis Fonsi was on GMA this morning performing "Despacito." LOVE that song. It's the song of the summer. During the interview afterwards, he said that writing it just came to him like, "Des-pa-cito, da-da-da-da-da-da, despacito, da-da-da-da-da-da-da, Puerto Rico..."

...which is the way most Americans sing it! Ahahaa. Right?!


The Grown Up Survey

1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
Cable/satellite TV. It's too expensive for what it is.


2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
Trulucks. We had swordfish, which was pretty good. Still no match for the old City Grill on 4th St. :(

3. What do you really want to be?
A songwriter.

4. How many colleges did you attend?

Two- Texas A&M College Station (undergrad and graduate school) and San Jacinto College (summer classes) in Houston.

5. Why did you choose the shirt you have on?
It's pretty and comfortable and it goes with the capris I'm wearing.

6. Thoughts on gas prices?
They are what they are. I rarely know how much gas currently costs. I have to buy it when I need it, so it doesn't really matter.

7. First thought when the alarm goes off in the morning?
I don't use an alarm. My first thought when I wake up is, Has the sun risen yet? If yes, YAY! If no, I have to try and go back to sleep, which I usually can't.

8. Last thought you have before you go to bed?
I'm usually incredibly tired at bedtime, so I'm just thankful it's time to sleep!

9. Do you miss being a kid?
Not really. I would love to have limited responsibilities, but being an adult gives you the freedom to decide what you want to do.

10. What errand/chore do you despise the most?
ironing

11. Up early or sleep in?
Up early.

12. Found love?

Yes. I've been married 27 years to my college sweetheart.

13. Favorite lunch meat?
Smoked ham.

14. What do you get at Walmart every time?
Bandaids. They have great prices on them.

15. Beach or lake?
Definitely beach.

16. Is marriage outdated? 
No. It's great to have a life partner!

17. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?

Alton Brown. He could give me cooking tips!

18. Ever crashed your vehicle?

No. A deer crashed into me when I was in college, but that's it.

20. Strangest place you’ve brushed your teeth?

Hmm. I don't think I've brushed my teeth anywhere but a bathroom.

21. Somewhere you’ve never been but want to go?
Italy

22. At this point in your life would you want to start a new career or relationship?
I might be convinced to start a new career at some point, but no thanks to the new relationship.

23. How old are you?
50

24. Do you have a go to person?
Other than Jeff, it depends on the situation. I am lucky to have a few.

25. Are you where you want to be in life?

Thankfully, I love my work situation, and that I am able to be at home, and that we have the means to do most of the things we want to do.

26. Growing up what were your favorite cartoons?

Bugs Bunny and Wile E. Coyote/Road Runner

27. What about you do you think has changed since you were a young kid? 
Not a lot!
 
28. Looking back at high school were they the best years of your life?
They were not "the" best, but definitely some of the best!

29. Are there times you still feel like a kid?

When I am with my childhood friends, and we're laughing together.

30. Did you have a pager?
Nope.

31. Was there a hangout spot when you were a teenager?

Baybrook Mall in Houston, particularly the record store or the food court. Fast Times teen dance club in Pasadena.

32. Were you the type of kid you’d want your children to hang out with?
Yep. I was a good kid, a rules follower. I got into a little trouble here and there, but nothing life-altering.

33. Was there a teacher or authority figure that stood out to you?

Mrs. Lofland, my high school Biology teacher. I was one of her aides my senior year. She was awesome!

34. Do you tell stories that start with when I was your age?

Not often. You're welcome, Lauren.

35. Are you religious?
I'm a Christian, but not church-going or heavily into practicing religion. I was raised Catholic and confirmed in the Church. We went to church every Sunday while I was growing up, but we stopped going when we moved when I was in 8th grade. I went to a protestant church in college for a hot minute, but haven't ever been regularly as an adult. I find most churches to be laden with politics and drama and a few too many bad examples of supposedly "religious" folks. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP