An Unusually Focused Post on Randomness

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Ree Drummond posted a winding, random post yesterday, in a list format. Love that. I'm a big fan (and author) of the random in the blogosphere. I wish I had time to read Rhee's blog regularly and try more of her recipes than just Pots de Creme (OMG- so good), but I do enjoy her Facebook updates.

Speaking of Facebook, one place I do not enjoy randomness is in my Facebook Mobile news feed. It's now virtually impossible (yet not, just jump through some hoops and click the lines icon at the bottom right corner of the screen and then Feeds>Most Recent) to see your news feed in chronological order. The word chronological has the word logical in it, Facebook. Catch a clue. You hardly ever get my "Top Stories" correct and now I have no idea what has been posted anymore. I haven't figured out how "Top Stories" makes Facebook more money than "Most Recent," but I am certain that is the single reason it exists.

In a random coincidence of epic proportions, I was chatting with Pedro this afternoon and mentioned that someone I know grew up in Mexico City. At that very moment, one of my pals checked in on Facebook IN MEXICO CITY.

THE Mexico City.

*Twilight Zone music*

And in a lesson on randomness, I recently had to convince a certain someone at work that Crystal's and my method of selecting a patient from a small group at random is completely legit. Writing the patient numbers on individual tiny pieces of paper, tossing them into the air and choosing the one that lands closest to Crystal's chair employs exactly the same logic as Crystal writing a program to generate a random selection from those same numbers.

It's just more fun.

From xkcd

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP