Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike... and Stuff

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Ohhhhhmigosh, an old friend from work spotted Jeff and me at Zach Theater last night! It was incredibly coincidental, since I was JUST showing my coworkers a photo of him at Ina's wedding in 1992. Seeing him in person was a crazy moment, I tell ya'. He's long since left pharma, but I gave him the shocking rundown of all the people from the old company who currently work with me. So fun seeing him! I can't wait to tell everyone Monday.

The comedy play, Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike, a Tony Award-winning Broadway show with which many of us in the audience were previously unfamiliar, was really good! Vanya's (played by Greater Tuna's Jaston Williams) tirade about missing the good old days was PRICELESS. We were rolling in the aisles. Lauren Lane was amazing as Sonia (and as Sonia as "Dame Maggie Smith on Her Way to the Oscars") and Carla Nickerson (Cassandra) had us cracking up every time she stepped on stage. It is playing through June 22, so get yourselves up to Zach and see it!


Saturday 9: "Meet the Flintstones"
Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) The song promises that, "When you're with the Flintstones, you'll have a yabba-dabba-doo time." So clearly Wilma was one accomplished hostess. What about you? Do you enjoy having company?
I enjoy having company, but I haven't done as much hostessing in the past few years as I used to. I like casual entertaining, rather than fancy dinners or cocktail parties. I prefer hosting a movie or sports-watching event with appetizers, a game night, or something interesting like a Beer Tasting or Chocolate Tasting.

2) Since lyrics say, "Let's ride with the family down the street/courtesy of Fred's two feet," we're assuming the pedal-powered Flintstone car didn't require much gas. Are you loyal to a particular brand of gas? Or do you fill up with whatever is nearby, or least expensive?

I go for the cheapest gas I can get nearby.

3) Clearly a sharp-dressed man in stone-age Bedrock wore a long tunic and no pants. What are you wearing right now, as you answer these questions?
denim capris and a yellow button-down top with a white tank top underneath

4) Pebbles Flintstone grew up with Dino the Dinosaur and Baby Puss the Saber-Tooth Cat. Did you have any pets as you were growing up?
Mickey, an orange tabby cat I had from age 8 through heading off to college

5) Mr. Slate is Fred's blustery boss at quarry, and he frequently threatens to fire Fred. Have you ever had a bad-tempered boss?
Just one. She never threatened to fire me. She was just in an interminably pissy mood. I cannot stand to be around people like that.

6) It's estimated that during The Flintstones original run (1960-1966), it was viewed by as many adults as kids. Now that you're a grown up, do you still watch cartoons?
If Lauren is around, we occasionally watch Spongebob together. Do adult cartoons count? I watch Family Guy and Archer, if they happen to be on when I'm flipping channels.

7) In 1961, The Flintstones was nominated for a Prime Time Emmy Award as Outstanding Comedy Series. Do you watch awards shows?
Oh yes. I love rooting for my favorites to win and seeing all the dresses.

8) There are at least two Flintstones-themed amusement parks currently in operation. Do you enjoy scary rides? 
Very much so, from childhood through my 20's, but I was scared to death on Mr. Freeze when we last rode it at Six Flags in Arlington several years ago on a cheer trip. I still enjoy a really exciting, traditional roller coaster.

9) Flintstones Vitamins are still on store shelves. Do you take a vitamin each morning?

I try to, but I usually forget. Sorry, Mom!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP