Say Something I'm Giving Up On You

Monday, May 19, 2014

A Great Big World's "Say Something" is a juxtaposition of emotion. A couple is so distraught over their differences and conflicts that they're about to go their separate ways without even speaking to each other, yet every single note... and run... and breath of the song is precisely synchronized between the male and female vocalists.

Yep. These are the things I notice about music and lyrics.



Had fun at Mel's Stella & Dot party this weekend! I bought two necklaces. Their stuff is really pretty and versatile, because you can wear a lot of the pieces in multiple ways. One of the girls at the party was wearing stunning Kendra Scott earrings, so we all started talking about her jewelry, too. I love Kendra Scott's bright colors!


Curious as a Cat: Week Number 419


1) Do you plan on retiring? If so, when? How do you feel about it? What will you do with your time?
I think I'll retire around 68-70. I don't think about it much yet, other than to stockpile my 401k. I'll probably keep a 10-hour-a-week job somewhere or a volunteer position, just to stay busy. I hope we can travel and I'd really love to write.

2) What did (or does) your grandmother look like? Describe her so we'd know her on sight.

Oma Elise
My dad's mother just recently passed away in March. She was 97. She was an assertive, German red head, but so incredibly loving and huggy with her grandchildren (3) and her one great-granddaughter, Lauren. :)

3) If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be and how long would it take you to spend the $10,000?
Target. It would take me about 66.67 trips at $150 each.

4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
Photo © Cat. 2013

It reminds me of when I worked at the middle school library part-time a few years back. The clerk job was a mixed bag, but the kids were always a hoot!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP