Cameras Everywhere

Friday, July 15, 2016

So, there's this Dani Mathers thing, where she posted a photo on the web of a naked woman in her gym shower, with the comment "If I can't unsee this, you can't either." I'm pretty sure it's a felony to photograph someone naked without their permission and then post it on the net. Mathers has been fired from her job and lost her gym membership. I hope the victim also files criminal charges and sues every last dime out of her.

Mathers says "this isn't the type of person I am," but obviously... it is exactly the type of person she is! Sad!

And I'm never showering or dressing in an open area again. Creepy.

I spent yesterday doing medical coding for one of our studies with sites in Russia and Ukraine. It's a fun challenge to use the web to figure out the identities of some of the medications they use there. Many of them are homeopathic, which requires even more detective work, trying to locate a list of specific ingredients. One of them stumped me all day, until one form very luckily included the name of that product followed by (probiotic). Ahhhhh THANK YOU!

Sunday Stealing: The Movie Nut's Meme

What was your first movie-going experience without your parents?

I don't remember! Darn!!

Do you still buy DVDs or Blu Rays (or do you just stream them)?
Nope, we just stream. We were never big purchasers of DVDs. We only ever bought the really spectacular ones.

What is your guilty pleasure movie? What about it works for you?

Grease II. It has some good music, young Michelle Pfeiffer in one of her first movies, the supercute Adrian Zmed, total silliness. My friends and I were obsessed with it in high school, so it brings back fun high school memories.

You have compiled a list of your top 100 movies. Which movies do you like, but would not make the list?
Probably several of the superhero movies. I like them, but the only one that would make my Top 100 list would be Iron Man.

Which movie(s) do you compulsively watch over and over again? What makes it so great?
Love Actually because it examines love in its many forms, is funny, makes you feel every emotion there is, and then has a happy ending.

Classic(s) you're embarrassed to admit you haven't seen yet?
Animal House, The Godfather, Dazed and Confused

Do you have any movie posters hanging on your wall? If yes, which ones and why?
I don't.

Tell us about a movie that you are passionate about.
Moulin Rouge- I just fell hook, line and sinker for the love story, which is SO funny, because I almost literally walked out of the theater during the opening number. It was so loud and weird, I thought I would never make it through two hours of that. I did stay and became completely absorbed into the crazy, funny, vibrant world Baz Luhrmann created. Ewan McGregor's voice is amazing. Who knew? Love the music. Love the story. I laughed, I cried. It's just one of the best movies ever made.

What is a movie you vow to never watch? Why?
Anything by Michael Moore. They are all so incredibly single-sided.

Tell us about a movie that literally left you speechless.

The Human Centipede. Just. No. (A mad scientist kidnaps and mutilates a trio of tourists in order to reassemble them into a human centipede, created by stitching their mouths to each others' rectums.)

I had thought Boxing Helena was disturbing. (A surgeon becomes obsessed with the woman with whom he once had an affair. Refusing to accept that she has moved on, he amputates her limbs and holds her captive in his mansion.) Oh man. Centipede beat that by a mile.

What’s a movie that you always recommend?
The Hangover

Who is an actor you always watch, no matter how crappy the movie?
George Clooney. Yep. Every one. Even Solaris.

Who is an actor you don't get the appeal for? Why don’t you like them?
Nicholas Cage. I like him, but he always plays the same character, no matter the role.

Who is an actor, living or dead, you'd love to meet? Why do they intrigue you?
Tom Hanks. He's such a great actor and seems to be a great human being as well.

Sexiest actor/actress you've seen. (Picture required!)
Joe Manganiello

OK, you are casting a movie, pick four or five actors you’d hire to be in it and why we’d love them together.
Morgan Freeman, George Clooney, Steve Buschemi and Angelina Jolie. I don't know why you wouldn't love them together!

Who is your favorite actor pairing of all time?
Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau. So funny!

Have you ever watched movies from a decade that was before you were born? If so, which decade is your favorite?
I am sorry to say I never really acquired a taste for old movies. I have seen very few from the decades before I was born.

If you were to be in a movie would you rather play the hero, villain or anti-hero? Why?
Villain! I'm a rules follower, so it would be a blast to play the bad girl!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP