Weekend Update

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Jeff and I saw Buyer and Cellar Friday night at Zach. Barbra Streisand's real-life basement is set up like a mall, with stores including a doll shop, a dress shop, etc. The fictional comedy is about a guy who takes a job working in the shops for his only customer, Barbra. It was really great! J. Robert Moore was fantastic in the one-man show. How he remembers all that quick dialog between the various characters he plays, I'll never know.

Last night we went to a party at Jen's. They're mostly moved into their new house, so we finally got to take the tour! My whole body hurts this morning from playing ping pong with Crystal in the garage. Well, it was more like extreme ping pong, where anything is playable, no matter how many times the ball has bounced or where it ends up, as long as you can hit it back to your opponent or onto the table.

There was a moment where Crystal was hunting a lost ball under some shelves and a box of toys almost fell on her head, but Jen saved her. Scary! Later, C was standing on a bar stool in 5-inch heels, so I think she may just have blatant disregard for her own safety. ;)

Sunday Stealing

1. What are your current obsessions?

yellow kitchen decor items, "Making a Murderer" on Netflix (we have three episodes left)

2. What are you listening to?
Giada's party cooking show on Food Network

3. Which item from your wardrobe do you wear most often?
cream and blue patterned, linen peasant top

4. What are you reading?
cookbooks

5. What’s for dinner?
honey-lime chicken and Mexican street corn salad

6. What was the last thing you bought?
Wine- a random rosé that looked interesting from the label, Chateau St. Michelle Riesling for the next Scott-n-Julie get-together and Fall Creek Vineyard merlot for the party last night

7. Guilty pleasure?

The Bachelor/Bachelorette

8. What training did you get and how do you make a living?
degree in radiation safety engineering, work in pharmaceutical research

9. If you could go back in time, knowing what you know now, and choose a different career path, what would you train to do?
I wouldn't change anything.

10. What’s your best time of day?
morning

11. Do you like being on a team or are you a solo player?
I prefer being a solo player, but I can work on a team as well.

12. What’s your favorite way to create art?
any way that doesn't involve freehand drawing

13. Name three items in your refrigerator:
spicy ketchup, Chobani yogurt, eggs

14. Tell us about your first crush:
This question is coming up a lot lately! It was BobbyM in seventh grade. He had brown hair and a fantastic smile. He was on the football team, always goofing around in class.

15. The first time that I became a boyfriend/girlfriend was with who, when?
with JohnH the summer after my freshman year of high school

16. Do you remember what you did on your first date?
We went to the dollar theater in Alvin to see Young Frankenstein. He was a year older than me, so he drove, which was supercool!

17. How did you meet your current (or most recent) girlfriend/boyfriend/husband/wife?
We were in Calculus and Physics together the fall of my sophomore year of college.

18. How did your first romantic relationship end?
In a highly dramatic night at the Putt Putt course in Webster. We were with friends, but didn't have a great night with each other, because he and I were arguing about something I can't even remember. On our way out, a group of guys called him a nasty name and were all up in his face. Everett and Shane told the girls to go to the car, so we did. There was a physical altercation, but the guys split everyone up and they came to the car pretty quickly. Afterwards, he was angry that I hadn't stayed. I was angry that he didn't just leave with the group.

19. Do you remember your first kiss?
With JohnH on my front porch, late night. I'm pretty sure it was our second date. 

20. What do we still not know about you?
Hmm. At Bonfire one year when I was underage, the TABC caught us with beer. We were asked to dump out the beers in our hands. I dumped my open beer and then pulled out the unopened ones I had in my jacket and dumped them, too. Jeff still harasses me to this day about it. Ha!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP