Museum Hopping

Sunday, July 24, 2016

We went to the Elisabet Ney Museum and LBJ Library yesterday. The Ney Museum is a neat little place, with some of her sculptures and a lot of Austin history. LBJ has a Vietnam exhibit right now, which was interesting and presents the war from the points of view of the soldiers and of the media.

While we were at the LBJ Library, we went upstairs to the exhibit with information about US presidents and first ladies. There is a painting of a woman identified in the display as Thomas Jefferson's daughter, Martha Jefferson Randolph, who was the White House "hostess," since his wife had died prior to his presidency. The very same photo is identified on a computer-based display within the same exhibit as his wife, Martha Wayles Skelton Jefferson.

We chatted with the folks up front about it before we left. We didn't determine who was in the photo, but it was an entertaining discussion! They said there is evidently an error about the Clintons which has been reported as well. They'd never been told of the Jefferson error. In case you were wondering, there isn't a prize for identifying an error. Darn!

I researched it on the Google later, and the painting is of his daughter. No image of his wife actually exists. The incorrect identification as his wife is the one on the computer display, which had been the guess of the museum employees.

I am obsessed with Patricia Heaton's necklace on "Patricia Heaton Parties" right now. She wears it a lot. I have no idea what to call the design of the pendant, to search for it.


So pretty, right?? I want one!


Sunday Stealing: The Beach Boys' Meme

1. SURFER GIRL : “I have watched you on the shore, standing by the ocean drawer, do you love me do you surfer girl” Were you ever interested in someone (other than a celebrity) who did not return your interest? 

Of course! More than once.

2. BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL : “So be true to your school now, just like you would for your girl or guy…” Looking back, how do you feel about your high school days? 
I had an awesome high school experience. It wasn't always sunshine and rainbows, but the vast majority of my high school time was very happy and fun. I always think it's interesting that Kimberly, one of my very best friends, feels like high school sucked big time, while I have such a good feeling about those days.

3. FUN FUN FUN : “…and she’ll have fun fun fun till her daddy takes the T-Bird away…” What was the worst punishment you received as a teenager? 
Not being allowed to use the phone. When my parents got sick of me talking for hours, blocking the phone for any other calls, they would make me limit my calls to five minutes, or stay off of it altogether.

4. I GET AROUND : “Round round get around, I get around” Where did you go on your last long trip? 
Berlin, for work.

5. HELP ME RHONDA : “You gotta help me Rhonda, help me get her off of my mind” What do you do to cheer up after a personal tragedy such as a lost job, power outage or broken relationship? 
Ahahaa. Power outage. So true. Um, I listen to music and vent to friends.

6. CALIFORNIA GIRLS : “I wish they all could be California girls. The west coast has the sunshine and the girls there get so tan, I dig a French bikini on Hawaiian island dolls, by a palm tree in the sand” Where are the best boys found? 
Texas!

7. SLOOP JOHN B : “I wanna go home, please let me go home, ya ya. Well this is the worst trip, I’ve ever been on…” What is the worst trip you’ve ever been on? 
I have hated parts of trips, but haven't ever been on a "bad" trip. The worst trip was one I WASN'T on- When my mom was very ill and had been given just a few weeks to live, we had a Caribbean cruise planned with my in-laws. Lauren and Jeff went on the cruise, while I stayed home to be with Mom. While they were on the cruise, Lauren came down with the flu, the ship had a sewage issue and smelled like poop the whole week, their Belize day was rained out, and my mom died. :(

8. WOULDN’T IT BE NICE : “I guess the more we talk about it, it makes it harder just to live without it, but let’s talk about it…” What is your biggest wish? 
World peace.

9. IN MY ROOM : “There’s a place where I can go and tell my secrets to. In my room. In my room.” What is your favorite thing about your own personal room or space in your home/office? 
My musician autographs and photos with a few of my favorite musicians.

10. GOD ONLY KNOWS : “You never need to doubt it, I’ll make you so sure about it. God only knows what I feel about you” When was the last time you told a significant other or close relative that you loved them? 
Yesterday.

11. GOOD VIBRATIONS : “My baby has good vibrations, she’s giving me excitations…” When do you get good vibrations? 
Right at the end of an amazing Broadway finale song- that very last note with all its power and harmonies and the emotion of that moment.

12. KOKOMO : “We’ll go to Kokomo. We’ll get there fast and then we’ll take it slow. That’s where I wanna go…” What is your favorite warm weather destination? 
Hawaii

13. DO IT AGAIN : “Let’s get back together and do it again…” If you could go back in time and gather up your school friends, what would you do again?
Yes!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP