Saturday 9

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Saturday 9: Crazy Little Thing Called Love (1980)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this video, Queen lead singer Freddie Mercury is wearing a leather jacket. Do you have a leather jacket?
I've never owned a leather jacket. In high school, I had an awesome leather skirt.

2) There's a statue of Freddie in Switzerland. There's another statue of him above the Dominion Theater in London. Tell us about a statue or memorial in your town. 
Our most famous statue is the Stevie Ray Vaughan statue memorializing the musician at Auditorium Shores. It's just him and his guitar.

3) Mercury said this song was inspired by Elvis Presley. What's your favorite Elvis song?
"Are You Lonesome Tonight"



4) This song was covered by the animated Alvin and the Chipmunks. Do you still watch cartoons?
I watch Archer and Family Guy... and SpongeBob!

5) The members of Queen met while attending Ealing Art College in London. Are you still in touch with the friends you had in your late teens and early 20s?
Yep!

6) During Queen's hey day in the 1980s, Mercury stayed in shape with tennis and swimming. Are you more accomplished on the court or in the pool?
I'm not "accomplished" in either, but I have more hours in the pool.

7) In 1980, when this song was popular, Brooke Shields made a jeans commercial where she said, "Nothing comes between me and Calvins." It actually only aired for a short time because so many viewers called and complained about it. Have you ever called or emailed to protest something you saw on TV?
Nah.

8) 1980 is also the year the Post-It note was introduced. What's the last Post-It you wrote?
I can't remember what it says, but I left myself a note on my computer monitor to do something when I get back to work on Monday. I wonder how long it will take me to get through a week of emails...

9) Random question: Do you blush easily?
I'm not embarrassed easily, but if I am, I will blush for sure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP