Beautiful Saturday!

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Thanks to Scott-n-Julie for the fun evening last night. I haven't laughed that much in a while! Julie and I won The Card Game, too. Boo-Yah!!

The highlight of the night was when Julie accidentally spit her after-dinner mint into the back seat of Jeff's brand new Acura, where it mysteriously disappeared, and Jeff managed not to have a legit stroke. LOL

We went to visit my high school last week, where my name is on the monument in the center of the courtyard as one of the school's National Merit Scholars and Commended Students (which is sort of crazy, considering how very, very sick I was on the day of the PSAT). The monument is full and I'm wondering if they're going to start chipping out the old names to put the new ones on it. HA! I have photos of it, just in case.

Kathy and I discovered our names on the monument when we visited campus several years ago, and had ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA why our names were there. One of the funniest experiences ever. I had to do some serious investigation to find out what the names were. The monument (a big granite obelisk) was installed while we were in school, but it was just a pretty thing we all took pictures in front of. It's in several of my pics from those years! I don't think there were names on it then, and I'm pretty sure most of the people listed from my year have no idea their names are there. I should really post it in my class group on Facebook.


Saturday 9: Bubbly (2007)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Singer Colbie Caillat says this song was inspired by a trip to "the beach and having a wonderful day with a person you like." Have you been to the beach yet this summer?

We have driven on Seawall Blvd. in Galveston, but did not go to the beach.

2) Are you careful about applying sunscreen?

Most of the time.

3) Colbie made her TV debut in a 2009 episode of Saturday Night Live. Are you a big SNL fan?
I'm a fan of the old episodes from the 70s, when I was a kid. I've been a fan of several of the very talented cast members since then, but the writing on the show has been awful for decades. I find the vast majority of SNL sketches to be repetitive and boring.

4) "Bubbly" is often a synonym for champagne. When's the last time you enjoyed a glass of bubbly?

I can't remember. I'm not much of a fan of champagne.

5) Colbie sang the National Anthem at the third game of the Red Sox/Cardinals World Series in 2013. How is your favorite baseball team doing so far this season?
Is it still baseball season? ;)

6) In 2005, Ms. Caillat tried out for Season 4 of American Idol but was eliminated very early in the process, before she could even audition for Simon, Paula and Randy. The winner that year was Carrie Underwood. Are you a Carrie Underwood fan?
Yes!

7) In 2007, when "Bubbly" was popular, actress Yvonne deCarlo died. She was best known as Lily on The Munsters. If you had to choose (and yes, this Saturday you have to), would you rather hang out with Lily Munster or Morticia Addams?
Lily Munster.

8) In 2007, MySpace was faced with a serious challenge from Facebook, and it's obvious which social network won. Did you have a MySpace account? If so, do you still post to it?
I did, but mostly to interact with friends who had accounts, rather than to post a lot to my own page. I do not still post to it. Isn't it a musician site now?

9) Random question: Which have you had longer, your ironing board or your plunger?
Plunger.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP