Magic Mike XXL

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Jen, Mel, Kyra, Crystal and I saw Magic Mike XXL last night. The movie was thin on plot. I mean, reeeeeally thin. But the dancing--

OH. MY.

If you missed the trailer, here's a sampling of the dancing.



Here's the teaser trailer again, too. Cuz... WOW.



The convenience store scene was SO funny and incredibly hot. We were dying the whole time. (Joe's my fave, so... bonus!) Joe's and Channing's performances at the end were the other two most magnificent moments of the movie, but all the dancing was amazing! Very very entertaining.

It will be more fabulous on DVD, when we can fast forward through all the talking parts.


Sunday Stealing: Let's Not Be Difficult Meme

1. Do you like your movies and books to be more lighthearted or serious? 
I love both types.

2. What’s more important, first impressions or lasting impact? 
Lasting impact, but poor first impressions are difficult to overcome.

3. Order these areas of psychological health from what you need the least improvement into what you need the most improvement in: physical, emotional, social, intellectual, environmental, spiritual?
Intellectual, Spiritual, Emotional, Physical, Environmental

4. Do you react appropriately to things and control your feelings? 
I react to things appropriately and control my feelings most of the time. I've certainly had some moments though. (One recently!) :)

5. Do you have stable relationships? 
Yep.

6. Do you need to be in a relationship to feel good about yourself? 
No.

7. Which is the clearest and most concise, your thoughts, your speech or your writing? Which is the least clear and concise? 
Most clear and concise- writing. Least clear and concise- my thoughts. I contemplate things more than I need to.

8. Are you always trying to learn new things?
Not necessarily. I'm more often trying to improve my knowledge of things I already know. I love an opportunity to learn something new, if it sounds interesting.

9. Do you feel at peace? 
Currently- no. Life is complicated, although FAR less chaotic than it was up to about a month ago!

10. Do you have strong morals and ethics that you believe in and adhere to? 
Of course.

11. Do you think of the needs of all humanity or just the needs of yourself and those you know? 
I do think about the needs of all humanity. Of course, unless we get into some sort of "Falling Skies" scenario, the needs of the people I know and love come first.

12. Do you recycle? 
Yes

13. Are you active in your community?
I haven't been lately, but I used to be.

14. Are you sensitive to the needs of others? 
Yep

15. Do you dress up to go out? 
Not often. I like to, now and then, but I prefer to be casual. Not workout-wear casual, but jeans casual.

16. What could make you lose respect for someone? 
The last time I lost respect for someone was when a coworker told me he "enjoys" and "gets a sense of satisfaction" whenever he gets the chance to berate a vendor.

17. If you won $1,000 every week until you die, would you still go to work?
No, I would volunteer for charity part-time.

18. What trend has been getting on your nerves lately?
People saying "No worries." I wasn't actually worried, but thanks.

19. Do you forgive yourself when you make a mistake?
Unless it's a minor mistake that doesn't affect anyone in a substantial way, I'm not quick to forgive myself.

20. Is ignorance really bliss? 
Sometimes.

21. What can be described as ‘even better than the real thing’? 
Nothing is better than the real thing.

22. What’s in your wallet right now?
the regular stuff plus a receipt from Waterloo, movie ticket stub and theater receipt from last night

23. Do you write letters that you never send?
I write texts and emails that I never send. I haven't written a letter in a long time.

24. Do you ever get the feeling people are laughing at you? 
No. Why? Have you heard something?

25. Who’s the one person you’d like to drop a house on?
Ahahahahaaa. People who know me know EXACTLY who it would be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP