Torchy's Tacos

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

We're obsessed with Torchy's. OBSESSED. I think we've averaged 1.5 times per week there since we first went. I have made it my mission to try every taco, so each time we go I order a different one. I've tried so far:

Beef Fajita
Baja Shrimp
The Republican (jalapeƱo sausage)
The Democrat (barbacoa)
The Trailer Park (fried chicken tenders)

And we have to have the chips and queso. Absolutamente delicioso.

The only one I haven't liked is the barbacoa, which I tried last night. I did my research on Google to find out exactly what barbacoa is. I had a vague idea it wasn't straight up beef. It is meat from the head of a cow or a goat, although it can also refer just to the method of slow cooking any regular meat. So when it said on the menu "beef barbacoa" I thought it was just regular beef.

I ate some of it, so it wasn't disgusting or anything, but very greasy, which it is supposed to be, and a very weird consistency. I finally realized it could well be traditional barbacoa. Whatever it is, I won't get it again. Although it came highly recommended by people online and the first person we asked to recommend one there. Plenty of people like it!

Killer tacos, people. Get some!!

4 comments:

scotty,  February 3, 2010 at 11:26 AM  

I like barbacoa...but you need plenty of onion and cilantro and a spicy salsa!!! Traditionally it is lamb. In fact, the consome (soup) of lamb is VERY delicious and excellent when you have a hangover!!!!
I have plans for your next hosting of game night....do not do gourmet...if I were to be there...I would love a big ole pot of chicken and dumplings with some good cornbread!!! Yum-Yum

Kathy February 3, 2010 at 12:16 PM  

That's how they served it- with onion and cilantro and salsa, and lime.

Chicken and dumplings sound great! I don't know how to make it. LOL. But yes, good idea steering clear of the gourmet. Maybe I'll do lasagna.

scotty,  February 3, 2010 at 1:45 PM  

That way you can say...I made comfort food...and you will need it cause you will be losing tonight!!!!
Chicken and dumplings are not hard to make. You won`t have any problems.

Kathy February 3, 2010 at 1:48 PM  

Ahaha! "You'll be needing it." I like it.

I'll have to try out a foolproof recipe for dumplings.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP