Waiting on Dallas Snow to Melt

Friday, February 12, 2010

Lauren and I have our eyes on the weather this morning, hoping for Dallas snow to clear from the roads for our trip. We are hoping to leave this afternoon. Come on, roads! The schedule will suck if we have to wait until tomorrow to leave!

Was reading a Valentines Day article about sexy things to do with your sweetie. There was this one part that said, "if you’re feeling especially bold, arrive at the office in nothing but your coat..." I read it as something with your goat. Yeah. A goat is a bit off the charts for me.

We've been making an effort to eat less processed foods at our house. I don't go as far as buying organic everything, or the expensive "all-natural" meats, but I do try not to buy many boxed mixes or too much stuff in the store aisles. We don't drink soda. I like to make stuff like biscuits from scratch rather than from a tube. When shopping, I try to "keep it on the edges" as they say, where the fresh ingredients are. Well I looked down last night and realized I was drinking some sort of red diet Koolaid. Could there be anything more "fresh from the laboratory" that red diet Koolaid, for heaven's sake? *sigh*

Jeff bought the drink mix. Just sayin'.


Friday Five

1. How and when did you learn to swim?
YMCA swim camp every summer from ages 4-8

2. How and when did you learn to drive?
John, my one-year-older boyfriend, taught me when I got my learner's permit at 15. It was summer, and since my mom had her car at work, he let me drive his Fiat. It was a stick, and I vividly remember the first day, when I practiced in a parking lot. I killed that thing a thousand times. It was hilarious.

3. How and when did you learn to tie your shoelaces?
I very vaguely remember practicing in preschool. So 3 or 4 years old?

4. How and when did you learn to cook?
Well my mother was an excellent cook. She loved it, too. I never had much of an interest, other than helping her bake. So I knew how to bake pretty well by my early teens, but I had to learn to cook on my own when I moved into my first apartment with a kitchen, in grad school. So... age 22. I got married at 23, so Jeff got to suffer through the learning process with me. The only entrees that always came out perfectly back then were things I put into the deep fryer that we had gotten as a wedding gift. Great stuff, but unfortunately one can have too much chicken fried steak.

5. How and when did you learn to type?
Kimberly and I took a typing class one summer at Alvin Community College. We were probably 16. Of course we had been typing all along, just "incorrectly." I type very fast incorrectly today as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP