Defying Gravity

Thursday, February 4, 2010

I finally did it. I hit the final four notes (at 5:48 in the sidebar video) of "Defying Gravity."  I've sung along with that thing at least thirty times. Not only are the notes loud and fairly high (I'm an alto), they also follow two loud and high phrases and begin a half-beat early in the measure. I always either miss the timing or one of the notes! So.... HA! Ahhhh-ahh-ahh-ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! That is the lyric of the day. One of the greatest Broadway song endings.

Laura's class has Day 1 of their benefit bake sale for Haiti relief today. They thought it up on their own! Great group of kiddos.

She and I spent some time with Zonia and LibraryKathy yesterday, explaining some of our best terrible inside jokes to them. We covered my uncle Rob's "And that's how I got to Chicago," as well as the infamous "I've worn them my whole life and look at me" story from a long ago trip to Houston to my mom's...

Laura: I won't wear tampons because they cause cancer. And toxic shock.
Me (annoyed): Oh please. I've worn them my whole life and look at me. I'm fine.
Laura: Yeah, look at you! You've had cancer TWICE!
Mom (to me, laughing): She's got a point!

:)

After that story, I learned that LibraryKathy's brother-in-law had Hodgkins as well, at the same time as I did twenty years ago, only he was at such an advanced stage that he had to have a bone marrow transplant as part of his treatment. Holy cow. She says he has been fine since, other than a few mild but permanent side effects. That is terrific!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP