Grammys 'n' Stuff

Monday, February 1, 2010

Orthodontic Update----- Lauren now has a "spring retainer" because she has one tooth that is holding on for dear life to a slightly skewed position. It goes into perfect alignment at night with the regular retainer, but during the day, it slips a little bit out of place. The spring retainer has something similar to invisilign on just the part where that tooth is. They took a mold of her lower teeth, carved out that tooth on the model and moved it to where it is supposed to be. Then they make the retainer in that position, with the plastic piece to really hold the tooth in place. She is wearing it full time for a while, then she'll go back to night wear again.

The Grammys----- Did they finally ban Kanye West from these events?? Woohoo! I watched delayed on my DVR so I could skip through the Michael Jackson segment. When Drake came on stage during the song with Lil Wayne and Eminem, I thought, Man he looks like Jimmy from "Degrassi." Jeff says, "It's the kid from Degrassi!" I laugh and say he looks like him, but it's not him. Jeff insisted it was, so we took it straight to the expert on these things.

...Lauren: Yes! That's Drake.
Me: What's his rapper name?
Lauren: DRAKE.

WTH. I was pretty sure his name was Aubrey.

Yep, Aubrey Graham, middle name Drake, the basketball player from Degrassi High on the "Degrassi" show, is now Drake the rapper! And he can sing, too, which is a rarity in the genre. And he was on the Grammys. I'm very impressed! And okay, Aubrey would have been a little uptown for a rapper name.

Edwin McCain----- He has a new single, "Walk With You." It's hitting AC radio now, although it's been out for a few months. He was on my station this morning talking about how he wrote it for a friend's daughter's wedding. It's funny, because several years ago, he was a little surprised that he had ended up being the guy with the biggest wedding songs out there- "I'll Be" and "Could Not Ask for More." Now I guess he's just going with it and writing full out in wedding mode. It's not my favorite from him, but it's pretty good. Grab a kleenex, folks...



Lyrics of the Day

I'll take this slow, sweet walk with you
You're letting go of my hand to say, "I do."
And he will discover just how blessed a life can be
I know, 'cause all those years ago, someone handed you to me...

Edwin McCain "Walk With You"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP