Sick Ramblings

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Well, not mentally unstable ramblings... just ramblings of the common cold.

This is the longest cold ever. Day 9 and counting. The first several days, I thought I only had a "touch of something." But no. I'm feeling a bit better today than yesterday, but that's not saying a lot.

I'm heading into Stage 2 of the head congestion journey. Stage 1 is the nose-running-like-a-faucet stage. Stage 2 is the Congestion stage, where all that watery stuff firms up and takes up residence in every open space in your head. One good thing about stage 2 is that the coughing should be improving very soon. One can only hope.

Stage 3? That's the Oh-Thank-God Stage, when one day, long after you've forgotten you were sick, your ear pops and you realize you haven't been able to hear properly for the past several weeks because of all the snot stuck in your head.

From my favorite sick day entertainment website- xkcd
I'm totally psyched that Erika Jayne is going to be on DWTS this season! I may actually watch the show regularly, for the first time ever. Erika Girardi is my favorite of all the real housewives at the moment. I was a bit skeptical of her when she first joined RHOBH and it took me a few episodes to "get to know her" on the show, but I've really liked her ever since. I read that she will be full-on Erika Jayne (her performance persona) for DWTS, which should be really fun to watch. She should be in the running to win it all.

Jeez. Kleenex should really be at least twice as thick as they make it. Does anyone use it single thickness? Maybe to wipe a smudge of makeup or something. Certainly not for blowing your nose. Gah.

I managed not to watch the Trump speech last night. We watched DVR'd stuff instead. I got a complaining text from my aunt about the speech pre-empting This is Us. I know! What the heck. Last week's episode with William's trip and death was amazing. I also really loved the moment from the previous episode when Kevin left his play's opening night to take care of Randall. I get teary just thinking about it.

I notice Timothy Busfield, who was also on Thirtysomething with Ken Olin, directed an episode. Too cool!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP