Movie Week

Sunday, January 19, 2014

We saw Frozen this week. Beautiful animation! And great music with the fabulous Idina Menzel and Kristen Bell. Definitely see it.

One of the best scenes and songs in the film:


(And Olaf the snowman's "In Summer" is hilarious.)

On Saturday, we FINALLY saw American Hustle. It was funnier than I thought it was supposed to be. I liked it a lot. It reminded me of Ocean's 11. The George version, of course. See it now or rent it later, but it's one you should watch.


Saturday 9: Best Song Ever

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here. (This is their official video and it begins with a skit; music starts at 2:25.)

1) Dancing all night to the best song ever would be good for the cardiovascular system. When is the last time you exercised?
Lauren and I walked one of the neighborhood park trails through the woods on Monday. The rest of the week was a busy blur. I'm hoping to do a hike again today!

2) The girl in this song is the daughter of a dentist. "Dentophobia" is fear of dentists. How do you feel about going to the dentist?

It's fine!

3) One Direction performed this on Good Morning, America. Do you watch morning TV? If so, which show?
I wish I could, but I leave for work at 6:30. I used to watch Good Morning America religiously (at least in the background of whatever was going on).

4) Listening to upbeat pop songs like this one makes Sam feel young. When is the last time you participated in an activity commonly connected to children (like swinging on a swing, drinking chocolate milk, playing a board game, etc.)?
The last time I think I felt like a kid was when we went to the Christmas tree farm with Scott & Julie. Superfun!

5) One of the boys, Louis Tomlinson, was an actor before joining the band. How many different professions have you tried? What were they?
Just two: clinical research and stay-at-home mom.

6) The fans that have made One Direction millionaires are also the target audience for series like The Hunger Games, Harry Potter and Wimpy Kid. Do you read Young Adult literature?

No. I don't even read adult literature.

"Adult literature." Heh.

7) If this is the "best song ever," what song do you consider the worst? Tell us which song just sets your teeth on edge.
Anything by Owl City. "Crazy" by Gnarles Barkley and "Come Away with Me" by Norah Jones. *shudder*

8) One Direction performed at the Royal Variety Show for Queen Elizabeth. If you found yourself presented to Her Majesty, what would you say?
I would tell her what an honor it was to meet her. If I had any time to ask her a question, I would love to know who her favorite music artist is.

9) Right now, is your life moving in the right direction or are you feeling a bit aimless?
Funny this is being asked right now. I wouldn't use the word "aimless," but I don't feel I've been my "authentic self" for the past several months. (Oh geez. I think I'm quoting Oprah.) Some of it is just adjusting to all the major life changes going on for me and those around me, so I am hopeful that all will return to normalcy this year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP