Sparkly!

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Is this not the most beautiful iPhone case ever? Encrusted with Swarovski crystals...

You can buy one and see others at the White Diamonds website.

Speaking of sparkly things... for our twentieth anniversary, Jeff got a bigger diamond for the center stone in my wedding ring. As it turned out, that stone wouldn't work in the setting, so he ended up getting me a whole new ring. (It's gorgeous!) I've gotten questions over the years about whether or not it's just an engagement ring, so I asked for a wedding band for Christmas that I can wear with it, so it's clear that I'm married and not just engaged.

This ended up with a funny discussion about how Jeff (and Laura, of course) think that men are more likely to flirt with a woman they think is married than one they think is engaged. Why? They tell me it's because an engaged woman is obviously head-over-heels in love and a married woman could very well be in an unhappy marriage with the old ball-'n'-chain.

Well, I've had male friends tell me that women also supposedly flirt more with married men than single men, but for an entirely different reason- because they think married men are "safe," either because women don't expect a married man to actually pursue anything more than just flirting, or if something does end up going down, there won't be any complications, because the guy is in a committed relationship.

So, let me get this straight. Women assume married men are happily married and men assume married women are unhappy. Hmm!

Anyhoo... I did get a beautiful band for Christmas. He went to Jared.

It was a long story to say that line, but I DID IT!


Saturday 9: That's My Kind of Night
Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) In this song, our hero offers to take his girl down to the river to catch a catfish dinner. What is your favorite seafood?
swordfish

2) Luke Bryan went to Georgia State University, home of the Panthers. What was your school mascot?
We're the Texas A&M Aggies and our mascot is Reveille the collie.

3) Have you ever tried acupuncture?

No, but I would, if traditional therapies weren't working or had undesirable side effects.

4) Just last night, Crazy Sam threw away a jar of Miracle Whip because it expired in September 2013. Is your refrigerator neat and organized? Or is it a disaster area, like Sam's?
It's not perfect, but it's fairly neat. I do not keep expired items. Talking about expired refrigerator items always reminds me of the "blue lemon." My mom had a lemon in a baggie in her fridge once that was absolutely covered in blue mold. Not one square millimeter of yellow left.

I held it up and said sarcastically, "You want me to toss this?"

"No! I can still get juice out of that. The mold is only on the outside."

I thought she was joking, but no. (Yeah, I tossed it.)

5) Which is more important to you -- saving time or saving money?

saving time

6) Sam's next door neighbor is named Jim. He's retired, smokes a pipe and drives a red Corolla. Tell us about one of your neighbors.

Our neighbor Paul is a retired doctor and avid cyclist.

7) What's the most recent magazine you flipped through?

Entertainment Weekly

8) Could your vehicle use a trip to the car wash right now?

Probably

9) Did you hit the snooze button this morning?
I never hit the snooze button.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP