Random Saturday... and BTHO Lamar!

Saturday, September 6, 2014

I don't think I ever mentioned that my work folks and I were in SF to do a bid defense and... we got the contract! Whee!! We've already started work. I am the worldwide data manager for this international phase III study. I'm definitely heading to England in December.

When the work peeps went to dinner the first night in San Francisco, we got a big table in the back room of this nice Italian place. When the waiter showed up, he said to our CEO, "I just have to ask, because the entire restaurant and all the staff think so... Are you Robert De Niro?"

Bwahaha! He does look like him. Still. Hilarious.

When we got back from the trip, our director of business development gave each member of the team Boba Fett flash drives with a thank you note. I sent him a note- "Thank you! The flash drive is SO cute!"

His response was something like, "He is NOT cute. He is the most ruthless, most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy," which my Star Wars-loving boss thought was a "perfect reply." LOL


My third Small World Moment in several years was this weekend. Jeff's cousin Tina was tagged on Facebook in a bunch of photos posted by... JULIE'S SISTER. Whaaaat??! We were having dinner with Scott-n-Julie Monday night, so I popped this on Julie then. I closed in on her sister in the pic and asked if she knew this lady.

"That's my sister!"

Then I pulled back to show Tina in a bumper car with her and before I could say "and this is Jeff's cousin," Julie said, "...and Tina!"

"YOU know Tina?!"

"She's my sister's best friend!"

Oh man. It was great. Turns out Julie knows Tina better than Jeff or I do! We were dying.


So. Adam Levine is awesome in this clip from Jimmy Fallon.



Not great with lyrics to common songs. But wow!!


Lauren and I are off to College Station today for the home opener! New stadium with 105,000 capacity, Biggest video board in college football. New, enormous sound system. New canopy (student side only this year) to focus even more crowd noise onto the field. We've been waiting all year and I am PSYCHED to finally be there!!

BTHO Lamar, baby!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP