Cool Mom

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Looking at all my celeb pics and autographs on my office wall and remembering when the work gals were here for Pitch Perfect night. I did the home tour for those who hadn't been here before and Kyra (25 years old) commented on the collection, "You're such a cool mom! My mom would never have taken me to meet all these people."

LOL. I told Lauren. She totally laughed.

I mean *ahem*... Of course I was only taking Lauren to meet them. Coolest. Mom. Ever.


Saturday 9: All Dressed in Love (2008)
For Valentine's Day, we need a happy love song. Hear it here.

1) In this song, Jennifer sings, "I look good in love …" What about you? When you're happy, or sad, does it show? Or do you keep an even demeanor, no matter what?
I'm a happy person in general, and it shows. When I have a bad day though, it's not typically obvious to people around me.

2) This song played over the closing credits of a hit movie, Sex and the City. When you go to the movies, do you visit the concession stand for popcorn, or a soft drink, or candy?
I usually share popcorn and a drink when I'm with Jeff and/or Lauren. If I'm with a friend, I usually get an Icee. Not sure why that is, but there ya' go!

3) Think of the last movie you watched at home. Was it a DVD, DVR, streamed or cable presentation?
We watched Gone Girl on Redbox DVD Sunday night.

4) Jennifer Hudson got good grades in high school and went away to Langston University in Oklahoma. But she was homesick for her family in Chicago and came home after just one semester. Have you ever been homesick?
I always got homesick on Brownie campouts and at summer camps when I was elementary school age. (Yes, I was that kid.) Then at college, I was very homesick my first semester. I went home every single weekend that there wasn't a football game ('cuz... FOOTBALL!!!!).  I didn't have a car, so I was riding home and back with Kathy, who was as homesick as I was. So there.

5) Jennifer received acclaim for her renditions of "The Star Spangled Banner" at the 2008 Democratic Convention and Super Bowl XLIII. Do you agree with critics who say that our National Anthem is hard to sing?
There is a lot of range to it, but I wouldn't say it is difficult to sing. You just have to pay attention to where you are in the song, and be prepared to hit those high notes!

6) Jennifer is a spokesperson for Weight Watchers and, with diet and exercise, went from a size 18 to a size 6. She says that while she's committed to healthy eating, she still enjoys ice cream occasionally. Do you prefer your ice cream in a cone or a cup?
Soft serve in a cone, regular ice cream in a cup. I don't like fighting with a scoop of ice cream on a cone and I don't like the partially empty cone.

7) Her fiance, Daniel Otunga, is a graduate of Harvard Law School. Harvard is the most famous of the eight "Ivy League" schools. Do you know the other seven?

Probably not. Let's see... Princeton, Yale... nope.

8) With a Grammy and an Oscar, Jennifer Hudson is one of the most successful American Idol contestants. Can you name another singer who appeared on AI?
I can name a ton of them. My all-time faves are Kelly Clarkson, Chris Daughtry, David Cook and Carrie Underwood.

9) Last year, Jennifer nearly bought a brand-new Ferrari because it was so great looking. At the last moment she backed out of the deal because she doesn't drive enough to warrant such an expensive car. What's the last impulse purchase you either made, or resisted?
Our big-screen TV has a tiny line down the center for about 20 minutes after we first turn it on now. I wanted to get a new one, but decided to wait. If it's anything like my GPS, it will develop more lines over time until I can't see a thing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP