Saturday

Saturday, October 8, 2016

J.B. Smoove was on Harry (that's Harry Connick, Jr.'s new talk show) yesterday while I was starting one of our football snacks ( jalapeño and bacon deviled eggs- you know you want it). J.B. said his wife calls him her "husbo," because he is her husband and her boyfriend. They keep things fresh by going on dates, etc.

Similarly, I could call Jeff my "boyband!"

*crickets*

Last night, my boyband and I saw Priscilla, Queen of the Desert at Zach. It was superfun! The singing and story are great. Costumes FANTASTIC. The choreography was lacking though. In many places, it was incredibly elementary, as if to accommodate the entire cast recovering from hip surgeries.

It's Tennessee Game Day! It will be a tough game between evenly matched teams, so we're sending all our positive vibes to Kyle Field. BTHO Tennessee!!


Saturday 9: My Life Would Suck Without You (2009)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This video begins with Ms. Clarkson on a swing. When you were young, did you prefer the swings or the slide?

Swinging is the best! You can go low and lazy, or really energetic and high. You can twist it around and around and then spin it. You can sit or stand on the seat. Slides are a one-trick pony, and frequently hot as all get out, burning your legs all the way down.

2) The first words are, "Guess this means you're sorry." Who is the last person to apologize to you?
Laura apologized that I had to take her to school the other morning when her car was at the shop, even though she didn't need to apologize at all. She even bought lunch, so I was thanking her!

3) One of Kelly's earliest show business jobs was as an extra on Sabrina, The Teenage Witch. Do you believe in witches and warlocks?
Nope.

4) Mentioning witches and seeing Kelly with a lollipop reminds Sam ... She needs to pick up a 1 lb. bag of Dum Dums for Trick or Treaters. Have you done anything in preparation for Halloween? 
I'm going Kit Kat this year, I think. I have not done a thing in preparation yet.

5) Ms. Clarkson's advice to aspiring young singers is not to listen to advice. "Everyone gives you their 2¢ worth, but you have to follow your gut." Are you good at soliciting and following advice? Or do you tend to follow your gut?
I go with my gut, after carefully considering any trusted advice I've received.

6) The year this song was popular, 2009, saw two major newspapers go out of business. Both the Seattle Post Intelligencer and Rocky Mountain News published their last editions. Do you still read a paper copy of your local newspaper?
We haven't gotten a paper since the Statesman kept throwing papers in our driveway after we requested a hold for vacation over a decade ago. Grr! We do receive and read the Community Impact paper though. Very informative.

7) In 2009, Mark Zuckerberg confirmed that Facebook tried to buy Twitter, but was rebuffed. Which social media site do you spend the most time on?
And now Twitter is looking for buyers. Hmm. I spend the most time on Facebook.

8) In 2009, the Balmain Collection included a pair of jeans that retailed for $2,165. What's the most you would pay for denim pants?
$95

9) Random question: You buy a charity raffle ticket and tuck it into a friend's birthday card. Before you can give the card to her, the numbers are drawn and you realize the ticket is worth $500. Do you keep the ticket or give it to your friend, as planned?
Well, I should give it to her, but if I'm being honest and I haven't yet sealed the envelope (which I guess I didn't do, since I checked the number to see that it won) AND I didn't write a birthday message that mentioned the raffle ticket (which I would have), I would probably keep it and give her something else. Just saying.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP