Produce Woes

Thursday, November 10, 2016

I can only be burned by so many beautiful red pomegranates that turn out to be all brown and gross inside before I stop buying them.

That wasn't a metaphor for anything. I'm just seriously irritated with every deceptive pom out there.

Same to you, pineapples. You look summery sweet on the outside, but inside? Hard and sour. I like bananas. What you see is what you get with them.

(Still not trying to be metaphorical.)

Maybe it's HEB's fault. Don't make me dig out my Randalls card, Heeb! That thing is dusty and forgotten in my junk drawer, but I will use it if I need to.


iTunes Memery

1. Put your iTunes on shuffle, write down the first line of songs 1-5 and give them to me as a poem.

What I want, you've got
And it might be hard to handle
But like the flame that burns the candle
The candle feeds the flame
I am not Jasmine
I am Aladdin
So far ahead
These bums is laggin'
Styles keep a changin'
The world's rearrangin'
But Edna, you're timeless to me
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you
Tomorrow I'll miss you
They say that love finds its way home
Around all the snakes inside your heart

Not bad, actually!

2.  Put your iTunes on shuffle again and give me your favorite lyric from songs 1, 3 and 5.
"Disease" Matchbox Twenty: You're Hell on wheels in a black dress
"Not Over You" Gavin DeGraw: Dreams- that's where I have to go to see your beautiful face anymore
"Iris" Goo Goo Dolls: When everything feels like the movies, you bleed just to know you're alive

3. Put your iTunes on shuffle again. The title of song number 9 will be on your tombstone.

"Assknockin"

Ahh, cool.

This reminds me of when Bob played Lauren's high school for a fundraiser, and all the kids (and us parents) were singing along all night, with all the profanity, while he was singing clean lyrics. So funny.

4. Reshuffle. Find the lyrics on Google for song 6. Are there any you didn't know or had previously misheard?
Duran Duran "The Seventh Stranger"- I thought there was absolutely no way, but "No cigarette roaches on the table" is actually "No steel reproaches on the table." Hmm. Well, there you go.

5. Reshuffle one last time. Let's toast to the title of song 4!
Reptiles Theme! *clink*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP